No these changes for mercy aren't "Awesome"

:eyes: they are downright terrible.

have you been listening to the feedback like you said you were?

what have you been spending all this time on?

why waste it on trying to make mercy 2.0 work when we know its not working out at all.

34 Likes

Have you… Tried them? For a reasonable duration?

Part of the complaint besides that Mercy was weak was that Valk didn’t feel impactful. So they buffed basically the only place Mercy has room to be buffed: Valk. They were clearly listening; just because they disagree with the revert crowd doesn’t mean they aren’t.

56 Likes

I mean, Valk was at 60 for almost a year. Pretty sure people are speaking from experience.

37 Likes

Yes I tried them.

its lackluster and unimpactful.

7 Likes

And she was must pick.

4 Likes

Mercy before the nerf was boring.
This is a fix to make her ult charge the way it charged, and to heal the way it healed.

Mercy after the nerf is still boring.

11 Likes

How is reverting an ability to an earlier state when it was already considered unimpactful a buff ?

26 Likes

And now shes UP whats your point?

1 Like

It seems pretty good to me. That increased charge rate is sweet.

1 Like

Not really, but okay. XP

(She was must pick when she had 3 instant rezzes, btw.)

2 Likes

Still doesn’t fix the core fundamental problems with valk and 2.0 though.

5 Likes

Please tell me I’m the only one that thinks the new Valk is decent and can be worked on to make it better? Mass res was trash.

5 Likes

And she had to be nerfed out of it. They’re trying to bridge the gap between 50HPS Mercy and Mercy just prior to that nerf.

I find the “fun factor” thing relatively weak an argument because Mercy’s base gameplay and ultimate have objectively more mechanics to juggle than she did with mass rez. If you don’t enjoy Mercy with Valk, you only enjoyed mass rez Mercy because of a problematic ultimate that was only a small fraction of your actual Mercy gameplay.

14 Likes

I think its the opposite way around :man_shrugging:

Wow, that glass really is half empty for you isn’t it?

3 Likes

Many people who give “expert” opinions on the topic of Mercy never play her, though, so no wonder they are a little confused. :wink:

6 Likes

Was Mercy unimpactful when she was a must-pick?

2 Likes

We don’t know how the new meta will develop. Saying someone is UP/OP after the PTR has been up for 15 minutes is jumping the gun like crazy. We just don’t know enough at this time to make judgements.

2 Likes

Seems to be working from the game I’m playing.

No she was just a boring must pick that nobody wanted to play so the mercy mains were forced to play her endlessly.

Nobody enjoyed that.

2 Likes