No shield tanks in Overwatch 2 on defence like Kings Row?

As a D.va main since public beta I’m worried about 5v5 in Overwatch 2. I know they are getting reworked but what can replace a shield on defence like Kings Row for example? I’m sorry but a off tank on defence is not a good idea even in any rank Bronze to Grand Master

7 Likes

expand your tank pool?

Personally not gonna try using a hammer to fix a nut and bolt.

6 Likes

This game favors the attackers already. Its possible people just want no shield tanks so all the pew pew guys can hold W and hope for the best.

Just like in real shooters!

23 Likes

This is how I know you don’t work for Blizzard.

23 Likes

I imagine they’re gonna nerf the hell outta shields. Rein’s shield was already lower in HP on the OW2 PvP showcase iirc, but I reckon it’ll end up quite small. I imagine most tank abilities are going to be similar things doing the same job; flash them up at a keymoment to deny certain cooldowns, rather than hiding behind it for 70% of the game.

4 Likes

Looking forward to hiding behind static objects for 70% of the game instead.

26 Likes

Well of course i don’t, i want a career, not a summer fling.

5 Likes

Just make Hammand into a DPS, then convert D.va/Hog/Zarya into almost full barrier tanks.

1 Like

Ah yes, Remove more options from Tanking. What a great way to counter the sheer variety of DPS options.

19 Likes

I don’t see how lowering shields to basically nothing will help plus Kings Row would probably have to be redesigned on first and maybe last point. Single shield really isn’t too much pain to deal with than two

3 Likes

Stop looking at OW2 through an OW1 lens.

11 Likes

5v5 makes make me avoid thinking of Overwatch 2. Just think of the toxicity especially with console chat. Example Wrecking Ball please switch…

2 Likes

Stop condemning peoples legitimate points who are afraid of the gameplay getting even worse than it already is.

16 Likes

I am not going to stop bringing up my own legitimate counterpoints because some people want to express their concerns uncontested.

2 Likes

More like, you’re now allowed to pick almost any tank you want (Assuming you’re below Masters), instead of being nagged like crazy to play Rein/Zarya.

7 Likes

By getting rid of tank hammond?
(I agree with your roadhog zarya statements)

People will still scream for a shield though. They’ll never stop.

8 Likes

The game has 32 heroes out of which there are 7 supports 8 tanks and 17 DPS, the new hero being ANOTHER DPS.
We need more tanks and supports!

13 Likes

Yup. That’s the plan.

Gives some semblance of Tank synergy, without it being the extra durable version.

As well as a solid sniper counter that didn’t need to sacrifice an entire teams tanking, just to go chase snipers.

Why was brigs damage nerfed? - #50 by GreyFalcon-11737

1 Like

I see your logic here. I’m split 50 /50 on whether it would work.

My biggest concern is people saying “Why are you playing ball, go a real dps we need more damage” unless he gets a huge buff to his DPS across the board.