No Phone Numbers for People Who Own OW1

That’d probably work too. In any case, having two separate queues is definitely the way to go imo.

An smurf plays way more than 50 wins to actually unlock comp. Is roughly 138 games on group.

They lowered the requirement to actually play comp, the only countermeasure for smurfing is actually SMS tho. Some folks are being penalized but unless everybody agrees on like 200 games/wins smurfing would be a thing anyways.

1 Like

Being able to buy your way into the game with a one-time fee would be no different than OW1, which had a smurfing problem. However it would be vastly preferable to blocking access to prepaid phones.

In CS:GO most of the ‘cheaters’ ended up using the unverified queues, apparently.

Hmm…but can smurfs just do this too to verify theirs? Maybe there should be a block where you can only add 1 account and that is it?

You mean all the smurfs?

It does not make any sense the way it is as well.
I can get an infinite number of phone numbers for 2€ each. And with eSIM it is actually faster and easier to get a new number then to get a new E-Mail you also need.

Why should anybody be bothered by 2€ if they payed 40€ for each Overwatch copy?

And most of the egregious ones would get banned. There is only a limited number of ow1 licensed accounts now (besides maybe the watchpoint pack if that counts which it shouldn’t after ow2 launches and that’s $40 anyway. I don’t think any smurf / alt is gonna wanna be paying that much. People coming back and new players joining the game should be enough to offset most of the issues and over time it’ll only improve as genuine players get to play the game whilst trolls/cheaters/smurfs get reported and banned

This right here is how you fix the problem.

If you’re an old subscriber like me, who’s been part of WoW since beta, and the account shows that… I think you should get a pass.

1 Like

Great news for those who have OW1 already!