No OWL tokens are being awarded!

I’ve been checking daily for the OWL tokens from watching the All Stars matches and haven’t received any. Getting nervous now that the date where the skins won’t be available anymore is pretty close.

Not to play this card, but I’m playing this card: I was hoping to get the Atlantic Mercy skin with all the tokens I’ve saved up for my birthday (which was today). It doesn’t look like that’s going to happen.

I will repost if/when my OWL tokens from the All-Star streams (May 15th and 16th) are granted to my account. I fully expect them to show up before May 22nd. That is, before the day where the All-Star skins will no longer be available.

If the OWL tokens from the All-Star event aren’t awarded to viewers before May 22nd, I expect Blizzard to make a concentrated effort to make this right by:

1. Granting OWL tokens to individuals who watched the event.

2. Extending availability of the All-Star skins to accommodate the individuals they’ve failed to award OWL tokens to.

1 Like

Still nothing.

Broken logic: Since OWL tokens from the All-Stars event may never come we should buy tokens.

My logic: I absolutely refuse to financially support a game who betrays their fan-base and have done NOTHING to resolve the issue.

I was planning to buy 50 Loot Boxes ($39.99 USD) for the upcoming Anniversary event. That’s definitely not going to happen if Blizzard doesn’t fix this.

Pretty sure the all-star skins go away today (21st) or tomorrow.

Tomorrow yes. I recommend not hesitating and purchase them ASAP if you have not done so already.

As a reminder to everyone, if anyone is still short, don’t anticipate on any tokens you think you may be owed. If necessary, you can purchase tokens from your platform shop as needed. Sorry, but as I have said in numerous posts, OWL tokens drops for the majority of viewers was working over the all-star weekend. I am aware a small portion of players were not earning them (but that happens every week to some extent), but I believe that to be due to issues outside of Blizzard’s or Twitch’s control.

So I’m not alone in losing out on tokens I should have earned from the All-Star event. Glad to know that it wasn’t just me. It’s still incredibly frustrating though. I did everything right and didn’t get a single token. I was actually very much in the mood those evenings to actually play the game myself rather than just watch it but I decided I really wanted the tokens. Now I feel cheated. Blizzard, you still have a lot of bugs to work out in your token system.

2 Likes

Look, I want to tell you that you’re right, but you’re not. I was active for the entirety of All-Stars and I never received any tokens. I’m pretty furious about it, and the fact that Blizzard Support said nothing could be done is even worse. I watched through Overwatch League’s website on Google Chrome. It’s not my first rodeo with OWL either. I was credited before All-Stars for watching and I’m not being credited now.

Please don’t think this as me personally attacking you, because I know you’re just doing your job, but there are more people just like me that are experiencing this.

3 Likes

i wish they would give us 100 free token again so that i can buy the pink skin for reaper but ¯\(ツ)

I’d really be willing to let this go if they issued players suspected of not being awarded enough tokens to make 100 so we could at least get one of the standard League skins.

Google chrome has known issues specially if not paying attention to the live feed. If your Window is covered or is muted, that can result in tokens from not being earned. Also make sure that both Twitch.tv and OverwatchLeague.com websites are not “muted” for notifications. on a side note I strongly recommend only watching on Twitch.TV so that you can track notifications properly in your Twitch account.

They weren’t, and the tech that reached back to me told me that Chrome was preferred. All I’m saying is one of my friends did the exact same thing I did, except she was connected directly through Twitch and not through OWL’s website, and she got tokens while I didn’t. Heck, she had it in the background and I was actively watching it. Logic.

Then when stage 3 begins I recommend that you do what your friend does and watch on the Twitch platform. Yes I actually do recommend Google over the other web browsers, however There are known issues which I brought to your attention to make sure that you are aware of conditions that can cause you to stop earning tokens. Furthermore there can be other issues besides those. Once again this is not exactly anything that Blizzard can do about especially at this point.

If we’re not going to get credited watching through Blizzard’s official OWL website, then it shouldn’t be an available platform to watch on at all. Instead of making the stream available on there, it should have a button instead, and they should have it link directly to Twitch. That’s my two cents, and I’ll leave it there.

Technically OverwatchLeague.com is supported, however I personally have concerns through watching on directly that website. There is no way to track drop notifications on OverwatchLeague.com but on Twitch there is. Again many players watch on either platform and work just fine, however it things are not working it’s important to try different things to see what works specifically for you.

really its an intentional glitch to get you to spend money to get the skins, clever blizzard very clever…

2 Likes

The OWL website (overwatchleague.com) had never failed to award tokens up until the All-Star games. On one or two occasions, there was a delay in the arrival of my tokens (next day).

I actually watched the All-Star games, so no, I did not have the stream muted or minimized. And no, I’m not going to buy tokens when I’m entitled to (more than) the tokens I need to buy the Mercy skin. Fun fact: I watched the entirety of the streams (pre and post-shows included) BOTH days for the All-Star event. Of course, I was logged in for the streams, as indicated in the lower left-hand corner of the stream.

What about people who prefer to watch through the Blizzard app?

Every time I watch OWL I do it through the app. I go to the OWL tab, make sure it says my account is logged on/linked to Twitch, make sure my status is never “Away” and start watching. Except for maybe a glitch or two when OWL first began, this never failed to get me tokens for watching everything. And when I start up Overwatch after I finish watching there’s always an immediate notification that I got tokens. Not this time though. And since I watch through the app, there’s no option to check the status of my rewards. Maybe you should add that feature so we know for certain we’re not wasting our time?

All due respect but I don’t think this is something you can just brush off with a “sorry it doesn’t work”. You advertise different mediums as valid means of watching and earning rewards and when it doesn’t work the responses we get just sounds cold and dismissive. Once upon a time I was involved with setting up a new system at work and worked closely with a new guy brought in to oversee it and make sure everything was working to our specifications. There’s one thing he said to us in the very first meeting that I remember very well.

“If something doesn’t work the way you think it should, we’re not going to wave you off and say ‘That’s just the way it is and you’ll have to learn to live with it.’ No, if something doesn’t work, we’re going to fix it. You should never be satisfied with a half-working product.”

You say these problems are beyond your control and the control of Twitch. Well if not you two than who does have control over it? And why haven’t you raised holy hell to have it fixed? Something like this is fairly small but a lot of game developers have bad reps for various reasons and little things like this that just get waved off don’t help improve your rep, especially as these little things mount up.

I’m still short of getting one of the All-Star skins and for all I know they are already off the market. I was hoping maybe to get one of those random 100 token drops but since I didn’t get even the regular rewards I earned I know now that this never could have happened if the system is that glitchy. I’m not going to whine for free tokens but I will insist that Blizzard put more of an effort into fixing problems like this, especially when one-time-only rewards are on the line. Like that guy quoted, if something is broken it needs to be fixed. It should never be a “That’s just the way it is” situation. That’s a BS excuse that comes off as downright lazy. I enjoy Overwatch and want to see it and Blizzard do well because of it so I am strongly encouraging you to try and fix issues like this if only to restore and build up good faith between you and your fanbase. Not trying to be hostile or toxic, just stating facts.

Thank you for your time.

1 Like

Well said. Blizzard, and the Overwatch team specifically, would do well to remedy this situation before their brand is tarnished by it.

Well. They ended up doing nothing and now I’m not going to get the Mercy skin I was saving up for. Massive disappointment.

@Blizzard I’m VERY upset about how you’ve failed a large portion of the community.