No one will quit after 222

If the dps player mains dps then they should know to switch to hitscan for the pharah, genji or another sniper to counter snipe the widow. The tanks switch to Winston dva. Or at least coordinate a dive with a genji and a dive tank. I don’t want a hero lock. Just a role lock.

Now who’s a crazy idealist? Are you happy with how your teammates switch (or don’t) now? What you need are teammates you trust, not strangers in Role Jail.

You make a good point. And I have won with crazy quad dps but its very rare in a solo q environment. At least in plat/ diamond. I cant speak for other ranks but at my sr you mainly get the toxic players who blame the team after we lose one fight. Or the person who fills a certain role and then leaves voice and switches to widow for the rest of the game. I don’t really want to restrict the comps but games are often lost in the hero select screen and the only way I personally see to fix it is either change peoples attitude towards playing as a team to win, or just let people play the role they want to.

I might not quit just because 2-2-2 is released, but I will definitely quit if I have 10+ minute queue times just because I want to play DPS.

1 Like

thats just not true, blizz has always balanced the game around 2-2-2 until goats happened. its not like the first 2-2-2 meta of locked 2-2-2 is going to be more restrictive than any meta we have ever had.

“oh no, 5 heroes are must picks, thats never happened before” it isnt actually possible for balance to get worse.

You’re right. Nobody will quit because it won’t change a thing.

I can still swap off if need be and go 3-2-1 for example.

That’s if it goes live.

I can’t wait to force people in OWL in to 2-2-2. It’ll be great for the community. It’ll encourage more people to play Tanks and Supports which is what this game needs.

Personally I’m SUPER EXCITED for 2-2-2 because of this exact reason. The game in its current state is HORRIBLY unbalanced because they tried so hard to get rid of GOATS but failed, however kept their mistakes in the game for us to deal with. When 2-2-2 comes out they’d BETTER make some significant balance changes to make sure it’s balanced because now their job will be much easier given that they don’t have to balance the game itself AND goats.

I’m ready to finally be able to play with two healers and tanks instead of insta-locking dps that won’t fill with me and I’m also ready for the game to be much more balanced given that the problem with the game was that in order to balance GOATS you might have to UNBALANCE regular 2-2-2 and vice versa. Doing something positive might have incredibly negative effects however with a locked system there aren’t as many ways things can go wrong because both players and devs have more CONTROL, something that’s been incredibly lacking from the beginning; not having any way to control the outcome of your games and being stuck in an “everything works” scenario.

Of course not. Despite what they say we’re all on this Hell Train until it crashes and burns.

1 Like

:() im so mad i totally wanted 6 dps mains on my team wtf blizzard why are you adding balanced team compositions >:((((

Rather have 2-2-2 instead of having a whole team full of DPS mains

Adapting? How do you “adapt” to something that has been in the game since launch?

Many people will quit if the 222 is badly implemented and that is a fact.
Let me point out the irony of you saying that “people will adapt” to a measure that literally prevents you from “adapting” in game and make the necessary switches to win.

People don’t generally come back to games they have left.
Especially if they have found a suitable replacement.
2-2-2 will have impact it will either save the game or fail miserably and if it is the latter, I think Blizzard will have missed any opportunities to save this game from the exodus of players.

In short if it is just 2-2-2 and role lock, and none of the other issues of comp are fixed, it will have failed.