No one wants to hear this about Mercy

But it must be said:

Mercy’s Rez is the whole reason why she is constantly being worked. The Devs made a mistake adding a hero that could Rez, when one looks at how much different this game would be without that ability.

Now it’s too late, of course. But consider low or high level players, and all of them would have to change how they play if Mercy becomes simply a casual person’s healer, and the high skill-high reward is given to Ana mains, instead. Ana should be the healer we all want to see at top Win Rates, but instead we get Mercy… without Rez, main Mercy mains would have to start thinking about not letting anyone die, ever, much like Ana mains have to without a Mercy on the team.

But yeah… like I said… too late. Getting rid of Rez would hurt a lot of little boys, especially the ones on social media, and hurt the game.

2 Likes

Well, I don’t disagree or agree.

But, this is being said a lot. So I don’t think this is an uncommon or unpopular belief. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh really? I’m glad it is, then.

I wish they would change her Rez for a different ability. Definitely keep Valk or rework it.

Obviously her Rez can’t become like Ana’s ult, or that would - once again - hurt Ana picks… but I’m just so tired of the back and forths, when all they have to do is make a big decision (like removing Rez), and follow through with it… and stop nerfing the damn woman.

Yeah, it’s a really popular belief from what I can see on the forums, that resurrect is what makes Mercy OP.

I’d like to see it on a resource meter, like Torb’s scrap/armor. It’d feel better knowing, “Well, Mercy resurrected, but she healed and helped her team enough to get it” as opposed to “Yay I sniped the enemy Widow from across the ma- oh, Mercy walked out of spawn and just resurrected her…even though she died last fight and didn’t do anything to deserve it”

:confused:

It is on the developer end.

That was so unnecessary

1 Like

Mercy megathreads has to come back

So was this… since this is a public forum and I did not specifically insult anyone. But you felt the need to call it unnecessary, anyway.

See? We both get our own share of freedom.

At least I am not insulting people indirectly, I had to warn you for that. It’s called “education”

1 Like

One of the mission statements of Overwatch is to push the boundaries of what is possible in an FPS. Tracer embodies this mission statement; people told them that it would be impossible to balance a game with such a fast and mobile character as Tracer unless everybody was like her. It’s their goal to make the game as mechnically diverse as possible and include things that other FPS games wouldn’t dare touch.

Resurrect falls under this category. It absolutely would have been easier to scrap Resurrect and go for something more traditional, but the devs don’t want their game to be traditional.

Is Resurrect hard to balance? Absolutely. Is it balanced? Maybe. There are so many other things the devs have yet to try that could limit the impact of Resurrect so Mercy can have more power in the rest of her kit.

Even if it is a mistake I think it was a worthy mistake.
The concept of Rez in general was so ‘wtf’ to me but things like that made and do make OW appealing and different.

But yeah, it’s a nightmare to balance and tweak, no matter what happens, there will be a good portion of the community that hate the change. :man_shrugging:t4:

There is nothing wrong with what I said. What you are doing is nitpicking. You call it “education.” I call it “hypereducation,” which is what I call whatever stinks of super-morality and unnecessary white knighting at the expense of freedom of speech… or whatever the closest thing we can have to it on here, is.

I’ll say it again - I did not specifically insult anyone. You, specifically, pointed something out about my post, disregarding the rest, because it inconvenienced you… this despite the fact that I did not specifically mention a specific person. Being educated also means knowing when you’re simply picking a fight in a place to which no one has come armed. I get it’s the internet and all, but don’t be that guy.

Well,I don’t see a problem with rez but before it was worst cause the team with a mercy could just rush in while she waited outside the point a few second to go in for the rez after her team got wipe out.if her team managed to kill the enemy mercy and at least deal pretty amounts of damage to the enemy before her team drops is was a ez win with her inta-rez.first cheap strats of ow.
Just be glad rez isn’t op as it was plus mercy is the weakest healer.
Just eliminate her first before enemy team get any ideas for a dive.

I see no issues with Rez like mechanics in games like this. It has been done before. Granted in games that have it do tend to have larger teams, longer matches, and more than one character can have that ability.

I have friends who have Mercy as their most played healer, and have mentioned that Blizz should either;

1. Remove rez since it seems that the only way to keep that in check is to drop the rest of Mercy’s kit and making her a subpar character that cannot handle focus fire.

2. Return rez to an ultimate with tweaks; increased ult charge, LoS, cast time, damage reduction instead of invuln, and possible have it done within a radius.

3. Introduce another character that has a rez mechanic so there’s a choice. Dirty Bomb has all but one of their healing classes with the ability to rez (while the one that doesn’t has a self-rez) and it works.

Granted the 3rd thing would possibly break the game because again fast match times and really small teams vs the team sizes you can have in Dirty Bomb.

I know an AoE rez and rez in general has worked in games like OW but with how the teams are assembled; it’s just not suited for such small fast games and I can understand the frustrations.

(Also note that I find it ridiculous that Blizz went through the whole Mercy rework just before Moira was released? I mean heaven forbid they see how a new character works before making changes that could drastically alter how a character feels to play as)

I feel the bigger problem was giving rez to a hero with a kit like mercys.

I feel rez could work- with a hero who had a kit built around rez.

But I do not feel mercy was built around rez. It feels racked on, and it feels like they’re trying to hammer the rest of her kit down to make rez work with her kit.