No more Summer Games for regular Overwatch?

hi I just got back into playing Overwatch and I am excited for Overwatch 2… but just out of curiosity, did they announce no more events for regular Overwatch until its just Overwatch 2 or?

Because it should be going on so we can unlock skins we have saved for. :frowning:

Yep

1 Like

The last the default events which would’ve happened were replaced by “Remix” events which instead of being the default event are closer to the Anniversary Events as of content.

New Skins will only be recolours of existing ones and arcade will rotate between all Event modes.
The only thing that’s unlike anniversary is the ability for people to create the event games in custom games, that feature is only available for the real anniversary…

1 Like

So they will randomly put new “remix” events to unlock any locked skins? Or am I understanding this wrong. I’m sorry it’s a bit confusing to me.

The next event is going to be remix event and is probably going to be the last one for OW1 before OW2 launches.

You have the ability to unlock any missing event Skins for credits / lootboxes like you would during normal anniversary.
But the “new” skins with this event will only be recolours of existing ones, which are also unlockable by default means ie 3k Credits or found in lootboxes.

But yes the “Remix” events fully replace the event that usually would take place at that time.
You only have the benefits of the Anniversary event instead of the ability to play the Event related game modes 24/7 as they rotate on a 24h basis instead.

1 Like

The remix events are just events that unlock all skins for all events. You can buy any of the thematic skins you want, including summer games.

1 Like

Basically they announced after LNY that the next 3 events would instead be remix events.

Honestly at the time we should have assumed that meant OW2 would release in October (everyone knew or should have known the MP would release that year already by that point) but I do not think anyone on here put 2 and 2 together to say it would be ready that fast.