No more sense playing this game

I play this game for about two years, recently playing lost all sense…

9/10 games my team loses beging completely smashed by opponents. no matter the mode i play. I could simply stay in base and do nothing - would be the same result.

No more fun playing game where all the matches are lost since the beginning…

5 Likes

i hope they start treating seal clubbers and derankers with the same low tolerance they have for abusive chat…seriously how are you supposed to enjoy the game when psychi turds are steam rolling you becuase they’re too chicken to play in their own ranks.

8 Likes

Another one “difference maker” sadge

1 Like

i wish that made sense…but i guess im just too dumb.

You should had noticed long ago that all those matches have something in common…

8 Likes

Your in every Match.

8 Likes

WHAT? Guess what else? There are 5 other players. So if any one of the 6 does not pull their weight you lose.

3 Likes

Yes because the other team never had one or more people that fail to pull their weight. Only your team.

2 Likes

Yeah, most people who are in the game aren’t actually “playing” the game and it pisses me off.

More people than not refuse to switch, even when being hard-countered and nobody listens to callouts, regardless how right they are. Almost everyone is playing competitive like it’s casual and the rest are smurfing.

It’s like people don’t know how to turn off their autopilot.

4 Likes

Hardly, they only do something about abusive chat if cussing in involved or violence is implied. You can tell everyone they suck everygame and not get banned/silenced

1 Like

I got banned for abusive chat by calling people feeding oafs, you get banned for that easier then if you were throwing hundreds of matches lol

1 Like

Same in lol apparently.

Trolls get free reign. Abusive chat is super harshly dealt with.

1 Like

You’re*

(20 characters)

Well, i used to easily climb to gold rank, so i’m not the worst player in the world. Second thing is there are 5 more people in the team so it’s not only me. My team don’t switch, don’t cooperate, opponent are usually well organised. But whatever you are right it’s just me… probably i just lost all my skills overnight…

i empathize…like silver and gold that used to be…you expected this way that people play…it was dumb…but you knew it…now…its like a simple silver game is a mix of some bored smurf from diamond who doesnt like the dps que… some golds and some plats…like every game might as well be a rank = ???. some games are derpy dumb steam roles…others you swear x and y player is overkill for the rank. every now and then you see a tracer…demolish the team…and its weird becuase in low ranks most dps dont play tracer…most genjis dont just solo (no ult in use) destroy the whole team…and you wonder…so uh…why are you even in this rank bro/sis?

1 Like

I just played 10 games… got smashed in 9… completely smashed … no chance since the beginning… what is the point of playing… really i am losing it

Yeah I ask myself what is the point of paying their team to make esports titles.
And what was the point in giving $100k to some OWL MVP no1 cares about while people are starving and suffering for a ladder reset/redesign.

1 Like

Opener, if you don’t have a good time playing any game… Don’t play it. Take a rest from it, play another game, read a good book or comic, or even start a new tv show.

Or you can try to improve by acknowledge your mistakes and forgetting about the factors you can’t control like the other 11 players.

Im gonna tell you something. A rank in any game doesn’t define you as a person, your behavior is.

2 Likes

Overwatch is a good game but there’s a great argument to be made that players have endured so many forms and varieties of frustration over the years, so many difficulties in climbing, that they’ve given up and even resent the process of trying to climb. “Learned helplessness” is a concept in psychology, and there’s no reason to think it wouldn’t rear its head in an endlessly frustrating competitive environment like Overwatch. As a result, lots of people simply don’t care much about winning anymore, but they do (somewhat) still enjoy the game. The result is that they’re fine with winning, but they’re also pretty much fine with losing.

2 Likes

Overwatch, like most media experiences today, was designed to be as addictive as possible. I think lots of people still play the game because it was designed to be habit-forming/addictive, not because it’s something they mostly enjoy.