No more phone numbers

They decided to remove the phone number policy! they just posted a new announcement with the details

“ We designed Overwatch 2 to be a live service, which enables us to be responsive to a variety of player feedback. We have made the decision to remove phone number requirements for a majority of existing Overwatch players. Any Overwatch player with a connected Battle.net account, which includes all players who have played since June 9, 2021, will not have to provide a phone number to play. We are working to make this change and expect it to go live on Friday, October 7. We will update players once it is in effect.”

20 Likes

I can play? :open_mouth:

3 Likes

wow its true

2 Likes

YES!! i’m so happy for y’all that couldn’t play before bc of it!! <3

11 Likes

goes live october 7 so not for now

3 Likes

Yeah!!! I can play!!! finally!!! can’t wait for the 7th!

6 Likes

They’re removing it for Overwatch players. I still think it applies to new accounts.

5 Likes

yeah that’s still good! bc majority of the players that couldn’t play bc of it were OG players, so atleast with this it will still stop the smurfing accounts

2 Likes

Sauce?

5 Likes

damn, sniped

1 Like

what is this Rare Overwatch W

7 Likes

right… so bizarre!!! :confused:

but what about people who are on phone services like Cricket? will they still be allowed to play or is it gonna be a “just stop being poor” moment from the overwatch team?

4 Likes

if you aren’t a new player, you’re good! u won’t need a phone number regardless of who ur provider is

4 Likes

If you own a battle.net account, being that you are already an existing player, you will not need any phone number to play at all!

All new players will need to though.

[Equip: Tinfoil hat]

Guess the DDos attackers left demands…

10 Likes

This was taken from the thread provided above.

Edit: Whoops! Sorry! Wasn’t meant to be forwarded to you aha I mean to forward it to Ghostly.

1 Like

sorry i accidentally deleted my post (i dont go on the forums very often lmao) but the people that i know that got this game this year cant attach their phone number to their account nor can they play

2 Likes