No more frame with a 3060TI

hello, today out of nowhere, my frame went down to 3 fps making the game completely unplayable . so far I tried installing the game in my other SSD to test out if my drive was failing, but no same problem, reduce the setting to medium and also same thing from 198 fps down to 3-9 fps pretty much unplayable. I’ve been playing overwatch on multiple computers/GPU since launch and I’ve never had that much of a problem in terms of FPS lost. could someone help me out? my Dxdiag ------------------System Information------------------ Time of this r - Pastebin.com

Device Name: Razer Kraken 7.1 V2
Attached: 1

I see you have a Razer peripheral. Not sure if you updated the drivers for it recently, but there is a notice about this type of issue in the sticky threads:

Aside from that, there are some AppHang errors, as well as this one:

Problem signature:
P1: Corsair.Service.DisplayAdapter

I know this stats app from Corsair can cause problems with Overwatch. The AppHang errors might be a RAM issue, or too many apps open in the background.

ok I deleted the corsair app, and the same goes for razer will reboot and test it. didn’t do anything, still got the same issue, underclock my ram in the bios, from 3333mhz down to 3000, same problem 3 fps and hard freeze. installing window 10 2021-01 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems (KB4598291) and also reinstalled my gpu driver, rebooting right now. I played a few random games to test on both my ssd and m.2 and no. I have no issue in terms of fps drop. it seem I have found a fix so far, running a deathmatch game being semi-afk until the frame come back to normal, but this is seriously the wierdest bug I’ve seen in overwatch ever, the dev needs to know about this since my game was working fine this morning and then suddenly from 198 fps down 3-9 and hard freezes frame drop happend

Howdy Broody,

If reinstalling the GPU driver helped, then it’s possible there were old or corrupted drivers causing an issue. If this persists though, definitely let us know and provide an updated DxDiaag.

no reinstalling the GPU driver didn’t solve my issue

Ok would you be able to provide a new DxDiag so we can take a look?

here you go ------------------System Information------------------ Time of this r - Pastebin.com

Scroll to the bottom of your report where it says error reporting. There are still several Corsair errors for iCue and the Display Adapter, so there are likely other components that were missed during the uninstall. Additionally, the Razer Game Scanner module for the digital library is throwing errors. This is seen a lot on the forum, and I recommend disabling it. Beyond that, check out the other errors labeled Bex and AppHang.

So it looks like the Nvidia driver may not have cleanly uninstalled. I’d suggest using the third party driver remover DDU if you haven’t already. You can find a guide on using this program here.

After this, restart the PC and then pick up the latest driver from here. Run the installer and select the Nvidia Driver option only. Then I would recommend doing a Custom install and selecting the ‘Perform a clean installation’ option.

Once the driver install has finished, change the Nvidia settings so that the game is using the Nvidia card:
• Right click on the desktop and launch NVIDIA Control Panel → Manage 3D settings.
• Go to Program Settings tab.
• Select the game to change the graphics processor under “Select a program to customize”. If it’s not is not available, select the specific game from the drop down list.
• Select your “Prefer maximum performance” graphics card under “Power management”.

Then reset the game settings to set everything back to default.

thanka both of you, I’ll give those fixed a try after my shift, I’ll give the result later tonight~