No more bad off tanks in overwatch 2

All the support can heal. All the tanks need an ability to protect the team.

• Hog is just fat.

• Wreaking ball is a distraction.

• Zarya can actually protect the team physically.

• Sigma can eat bullets and have a shield.

• DVA finally got her D. Matrix buffed.

:rotating_light: Spoiler Alert :rotating_light:
There will be more boops & stuns in overwatch 2 :exploding_head::scream:. And Wreaking Ball and Hog don’t have no abilities . That can stop a teammate from getting stunned & rekt.

Imagine hog had one ability that could actually protect people. His pickrate would sky rocket.

Edited: wreaking ball is not a main tank for majority of the playerbase. IDC what he is. All I know is. All tanks need a physical ability to protect the team. Imagine if support symmetra was still in the game in 2-2-2 era. She was would be the least pick support because she can’t heal. I don’t care all about these high rank strategies.

• All tanks need protection abilities
  • All damage need to catch bodies or a way to harass the support or tanks.
  • All the support need to heal and a way of protecting themselves. (Zen needs a boop, stun or dash rework. Then maybe nerf his discord. Or whatever because I feel he will be op in high rank. And y’all will complain.).
3 Likes

Ball is a main tank.

10 Likes

If you’re Masters/GM/Pro, and maybe 10% of the time at those skill tiers he’s used without a barrier.

So 99.8% of the time, he’s not a main tank.

1 Like

He’s by definition a main tank.

6 Likes

If you’re Masters/GM/Pro, and maybe 10% of the time at those skill tiers he’s used without a barrier.

He straight up isn’t a main tank for the 93% of the players for Plat through Quickplay.

2 Likes

He’s still a main tank.

5 Likes

This is a weird idea that shows me how bad the community is at this game. Protecting the team is not a primary job of a tank: it’s something they can do, sure, but the main job is making space. Ball, Rein, winston, etc are all good at this job.

For example, if you’re running ball/winston/tracer/genji/brig/lucio, who exactly needs protecting? The lucio that can wallride and speed away? The brig with armor near the lucio? The tracer? No, the team is fine, and the tanks can focus on making space.

The issue with hog is that he’s too reliant on hook. He’s a whole other issue though. Ball on the other hand is good at making space, and an excellent addition to the classic dive tanks (winston and dva). He’s better at disruption than winston is with boop, and gets guaranteed dmg with piledriver that’s easy for DPS to follow up on.

But anyway, why does every tank need an ability to protect the team? Oh right, the team is so used to having 2 shields and a symm wall at all times that they never learned good positioning. Basically, git gud

Correct. :slight_smile:

Ball does the same thing as Winston.

He makes space by harassing the backline and forcing the retreat of the frontline. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I find it really funny that people try to deny the fact that Ball is a main tank because he doesn’t have a shield.

4 Likes

Hog can protect his team. Most hog players play him like Genji for some reason and go on flanks. Hey hog, hook this doomfist off me please.

He is not a main tank by definition because the main tank category is made up by players.

1 Like

Depends which players you ask. GM and pros? Main tank. Plats and below? Off-tank.

I think I’ll trust the people that can actually play the game and didn’t think Brig was a throw pick after the rework when she was still kinda OP…

Even in majority of the cases in GM and masters ball is ran with Winston who himself is a main tank.

the devs introduced him as an off tank. Creators definition > user definition

1 Like

He is a main tank by definition, you can look it up.

Got a link for that claim?

1 Like

I have had the world’s top OW scientists construct this simulation for anyone that’s confused:

3 Likes

Lol what does this even mean. Could you not come up with any other points so you just put this?

I like you

no

just no

Sorry. He’s fat and have a hook :joy:

Is he good or bad then