No, Mercy Should not have the most single-target healing

… Are you talking about damage boost, or her pistol? Because her damage boosting someone else is not her doing damage, you get that yeah?

6 Likes

Haha & what Mercy spends a sizable proportion of their time shooting at stuff when it’s not exactly that effective & provides way less value than her healing?

With Moira you often have to deal some damage & as Ana it’s often wise to in some form, especially with Bionade. But with Mercy, it’s rare you’re going to shoot at someone.

6 Likes

Mercy is not supposed to use her pistol in 99% of the time.
That would be compareable with Torb running around with his hammer.
Sure he can do damage with that, but he provides a lot more value with his main weapon and would be considered throwing if he just uses his secondary weapon.

9 Likes

And also, Moira and Ana doing damage is going to be significantly higher than whatever Mercy manages to get damage boosting someone else. And now that she heals even slower she’s going to be damage boosting even less, which means she’s going to be adding even less damage to the team overall. Ergo, she’s still significantly weaker than Ana and Moira, in both healer and healer/damage categories.

10 Likes

Even counting damage boost doesn’t make up for her mediocre HPS compared to Ana or Moira.

I’ve tested out in matches before doing damage-boost only, the most you can hope to get is 2-3k by the end of the match unless you’re pocketing a bastion

And even then, spending a potion of your time focusing on damage-boosting to try and match the value another support dishes out means falling behind in healing, which she’s already gradually being beaten out by the others now

2 Likes

Totally!

What do you think of my rework idea for Mercy above? :slight_smile:

I actually told someone else about that Mercy idea where she can Res multiple levels, I think it’s a great idea! The ability to do a ‘small res’ or a bigger res up to 3 people seems like a perfect way to balance her IMO.

2 Likes

Nice ty :slight_smile: how do you find the altered Valkyrie?

I read it in a Megathread a long time ago and it stuck with me because it seemed like a really good and useful idea. Back when I started playing I played Mercy all the time, and I hated having to waste my res on smaller 1-2 man resses. The idea that I could go up to the whole team though does seem overpowered, so being able to stagger my ult charge up to three people seems like a really good way to make it more engaging as a Mercy player to decide how fights play out.

1 Like

Nice explanings. I agree with what u say the suports are almost perfect balanced.

I think we can get a middle ground about 60 hps.
Like make it reduce over time you use it against one hero. So it starts from 65 for 1 second and decrease 5 every second to 50. Only gets back when you heal someone else not when you disconnect.

2 Likes

Mercy has mobility like no other healer. Maybe with dive not being the way every game is played right now that mobility isn’t so important.

I think all the healers are viable atm. Don’t discount damage boost and the chain healing or damage valk does.

Seems like a design flaw if 95% of the time you use 1/3rd of the character’s actual kit.

2 Likes

What most people don’t seem to understand is that Mercy no longer fits as basically a solo healer everywhere, wich is 100% fine and fair, since as you said, she doesn’t have the weaknesses the other main healers have.

If someone playing Mercy wants to be meaningful, teamplay with another support (be it main or off) is mandatory, as it is with well, every other support in the game. I’d say her main sinergy right now is with Lúcio, he can provide escape routes and constant AoE healing + speed boost, if used correctly is amazing.

I see people saying she is unfun, and using that as an argument to say she’s weak, but those 2 are completely different things, she may be unfun, but she is not as weak as people claim her to be right now, she is just not an instant pick in any map or comp.

Consistency > Aim/CD’S/ etc.

If Ana/Moira uses their burst on the wrong time they cannot do it again until CD expires, then again their burst (Orb/Nano grenade ) can be completely negated over and over and over by shields/DM.

I usually play a lot of D.va, and when I see a Moira on the enemy team I never let her use a single orb, same for Ana I always insolete her making her totally useless in huge teamfights.

If they are in the front line taking all the damage without cover I have no doubt about it.

Which is good, do you want Winston to do -50 damage? he already struggles so hard with armor in this game and Brigitte than now you want to do delete him from the game by just holding m1? nice balance.

That a lot of Mercy players thinks she should be able to solo heal much more than Ana-Moira-Brigitte. She is fine right now is just Valkyrie should get 60hp/s and charge faster.

2 Likes

But another thing – both Ana and Moira have some part of their kit that can make them heal faster (nade with Ana and healing orb with Moira)

Mercy doesn’t have that

She has rez that doesn’t contribute to healing

Let’s also look at it like this “total efficiency”
(For this I’m combining the total healing and damage)
Ana - average heals is 10k and average damage is 4k, so a total efficiency of 14k
Moira - average heals is 12k and average damage is 8k, so total of 20k
Mercy - average heals is 10k and damage boost is about 1.5k, so a total of 11.5k

Also, let’s mention that mercy and Moira have similar pickrates and winrates (very small, and hardly positive)

But by this, mercy has the lowest total efficiency

4 Likes

actually not really, some characters have parts of their kit they don’t use as much.

Mercy has her pistol for niche situations where she absolutely needs to, not to use it a lot. I like using the pistol, and use it more than the average Mercy I guess, but only in moments where it actually is good, which is rarely

1 Like

The problem is consistency on it’s own isn’t worth much.

If Bob is alive healing for an average of 8 minutes per match @ 100 hps and Mike is alive and healing for 9 minutes per match at 80 hps. Bob is the better healer. He’s got more burst healing and he’s got more total healing.

Lucio can toss out as much or more healing than any of the three you mentioned yet, most people don’t count him as a main healer because his burst is too low.

3 Likes

Agreed, or taken a different way…

Your Reinhardt just got pinned by the enemy Rein. Which would he prefer having right after he hits the wall and takes a burst of damage that’s just under 60% of his max HP?

A) A consistent 50 HPS
B) 155 HPS that will probably drop to 80 in a few seconds, and maybe drop to 0 a bit after that
C) A Burst of 100 healing and 60 damage on his opponent followed by 135 HPS for 4 seconds then 90 HPS but there’s a chance that the healing could drop to 0 randomly.

Here’s a hint… the answer isn’t A. B and C might not save his bacon, but they have a chance to. A doesn’t even have that.

3 Likes

Not to mention that Overbuff has lost a huge chunk of its reliability with statistics since private profiles have been introduced.