No Mayhem for 12 Days... Why?

As the title says.

We haven’t gotten Total Mayhem in Arcade for nearly two weeks now.
Meanwhile, there’s anywhere from 2-4 kinds of Deathmatch EVERY SINGLE DAY.

I wish that the developers, or WHOEVER, would bloody well pay attention to their fanbase and actually fix the algorithm so that modes people like aren’t shut out for ridiculous, unreasonable amounts of time during an event.

I mean hey, I’d LOVE to be able to play my favorite mode even just once a week to get my lootboxes and my Halloween skins, y’know?

It’s nice that in the off-season, we get Mayhem every other day, but I’d trade some of that frequency for a reliable pattern of rotating modes all the time.

At this point, the only reason that the team hasn’t found a way to give us all of our modes on a constant, predictable schedule, is they don’t care or they don’t want to. (See, Low Gravity, No Limits, and CTF, I acknowledge your rights to play your favorite modes also…)

Looks like I’m vacuuming the cat tonight instead of having fun.

31 Likes

I’m so ready for the event to end. All these death match are honestly plucking my last nerve.

#WeWantMayhem

8 Likes

Hold the phone Sr

You must RESPECT the classic overwatch
Screw qpc, not classic at all, no limits for the win

7 Likes

OMG yes I noticed too, I load into the game everyday hoping for TM.

Why is Mystery Heroes bs a perma game mide but TM isn’t? :frowning:

5 Likes

I respect it like I do an old guy sitting on his porch yelling about the wind… he had a nice run, he has his place in history, but we all know he has his flaws. No Limits, aka Classic Overwatch Classic, is for turrets and Moiras. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Because they don’t like fun that’s why :disappointed:. They’d rather have 4 different deathmatches in the arcade.

6 Likes

I recommend just using the preset in the custom games. I know there isn’t any matchmaking and it’s gonna take a while for the lobby to fill up, but it’s still a way to play the game mode when it’s out of rotation.

Wait…people actually like mayhem? I’m not trying to hate on anybody’s choice here, but I just assumed that the majority of people didn’t like that mode. Any time I’ve played it, it’s been a huge stall fest that lasted forever. Do people actually not mind that?

4 Likes

They need to address deathmatches. No one wants like 80 of them and like 4 other modes.

That is fun.

4 Likes

Yup. I don’t play Overwatch for competitive reasons and therefore winning or losing doesn’t mean jack to me. I just want to have fun and TM is fun.

4 Likes

I feel you. No Limits getting the same treatment. Good thing I have other games to play until the event is over.

1 Like

I love how this is literally the opposite of what events are supposed to do lmao

2 Likes

Damn I knew it had been a while :crying_cat_face:

Yup. There’s a pretty hardcore Mayhem fanbase with a Discord and everything. For us, Mayhem is the game ramped up to bonkers levels, and it’s kind of like… I dunno… the X-Treme form of Overwatch? Like, everything is faster-paced but people are harder to kill and so you live longer and do more and it’s an adrenaline rush.

We’re no weirder than the Low Gravity fanbase, all seven of them. :slight_smile:

I don’t know about all of you but I miss playing the Mobawatch brawl. That has not been around since October 2016.

3 Likes

To be fair, I got all of my nine wins for Echo cosmetics in No Limits on Tuesday or Wednesday. But yeah.

People with anger issues like total mayhem. Free ego pushing without the skill.

I swear these Total Mayhem posts are ALWAYS from someone with a Junkrat icon I love it

Big agree on wanting it back tho

2 Likes

I still miss Tanks, Charge! and This is Ilios! from the old All Brawls rotation. It’s a damned shame the OW team didn’t want to support any of those more gimmicky character-specific modes. I feel like we lost out on those.

And look, Game Browser ain’t the same. People don’t play it seriously enough to count. They drop in for a few minutes between real matches, so you’re lucky if you ever get a full team and not a revolving door of randoes coming and going every 30 seconds… it’s hard to make a serious attempt at the good brawls when you can’t get the people.

A Doomfist main heard from, everyone.

The problem is, they are most likely choosing what is available based on popularity. In other words, they know on their end which modes get the most traffic and are most likely to either:

• A: Keep those modes going or

• B: Promote lesser modes to make it more frustrating to earn boxes during the event.

Fortunately there are the Junkenstein modes to earn them this event so at least you have 9 easy wins combined with the skin hunts.

But yeah. We don’t know if its A or B, but that is probably behind the choices.

1 Like