No Limits is the Answer to GOATS in OWL

No limits in OWL would literally just turn GOATS into GOATS with an extra Zarya instead of a Dva

1 Like

but then you could just counter with 6 pharahs

No Limits leads to really stupid balance decisions, so how about no

1 Like

it worked fine in WoW RBGs

Wow PVP is pathetic and a bad choice of something to compare to

but it still worked.

Probably Dva. Maybe Rein/Winston (so you run Dva + Double Zarya).

Double Dva Dive sounds pretty solid as well.

No, it wouldn’t. Balancing heroes around their performance and statistics is enough already. We don’t need yet another variable added to the mix.

Balancing heroes around how many copies of them you’ve picked is objectively the wrong way to go.

2 Likes

I would say imposing hero limits is the variable, not the other way around

there’s no difference between 2 mccrees and a McCree and a Soldier, no difference except looks, philosophically.

6Brig Let’sgodude

1 Like

goats wouldn’t be around if they had 6 heroes that could kite, and until they have that, ya gotta go No Limits

When there were no hero limits, you wouldn’t get just 2 copies of a hero. A very popular team comp for rushing points consistede of 4 Winstons and 2 Lucios. It was OP as hell, and it would’ve been impossible to balance without making Winston as an individual really weak.

2 Likes

You have it in Arcade, be glad for that. QP would be more useless than it is even now if you did that as it would bear no semblance to comp, which would mean everyone would “practice” in comp…

yes, but double picks weren’t used in top tier play.

until there are 6 heroes that can kite like pharah, then you gotta play No Limits

not talking about OWL for now, but I wish they had No Limits Competitive mode year round

I’d have to dig to find proof, but double picks were actively picked in pro play, yes

I’m hungry for links.

it won’t happen most likely due to problems of balance, Jeff and team (and I agree) that the move away from the original no-limits style was a very good maturation step, and now moving towards 2/2/2 is the next evolution.

1 Like

Old enough some video links are broken. But the jist of it from:

" Double Winstons, double Widowmakers and double McCrees are common sights in professional matches."

It’s entirely why they made the change. Degenerate comps were getting common. Some point holds on attack were just 6 Tracers, etc

4 Likes

then we’ll make a compromise, the dev team needs to come out with 5 more heroes that can kite like pharah, like…tomorrow :wink:

What!?
Philosophically? That’s not what that word means.
You think Solider 76 and McCree are functionally identical?

Have you played Overwatch before?

Additionally, 6 Pharah’s would not be able to push a pro 3-tank/3-support team off an objective. And they certainly couldn’t contest said objective against a “GOATS” style team.