No Hero Bans. BUT what if the idea were different?

I know Jeff had just spoke about the idea of hero bans and voiced the dev team’s concerns, if you haven’t read that please refer to: FACTS & RUMORS - Discussion of Hero Bans (updated) - #66 by JeffreyKaplan
I for one am opposed to the idea, though I also see things in many different lights. Being that I am opposed, this post is going to be very strange because I am going to introduce another idea to the discussion.

What if the ideas of hero bans are being thought of in the wrong light? Jeff himself has stated on several occasions that (paraphrasing) “What works for one game doesn’t always work for others.” But that doesn’t mean that the idea is bad, or that it has no place. It just means that the idea in the traditional sense isn’t something that the development team feels will benefit Overwatch.

What if we redesign the idea though?
Instead of match to match hero ban system, we can have a season map hero ban system? If the idea were put in place on a global scale like the entire community to vote towards at the end of each season, then you could see a hero ban system be implemented on a global scale with no real permanent change to the game.
The system could very well look like this:

[]Voting system is implemented per map for everyone to vote on a hero to ban for the selected map.
[]The next season starts with implementing a rotating hero ban system where the matchmaker then selects one of the top 3 choices voted on by the community to ban for the current match.

The voting system can be segregated in half by tier the same way that SR decay effects higher tiers. Diamond and above will obviously have a much different opinion on who they would want to see banned and I can guarantee that the numbers will lean towards more skillful play and less of the heroes without a learning curve. You will likely see a lot of less CC as well.
The tiers Platinum and below can have their own pool voted on by the community and you are likely to see less Bastion, Torb, or Pharah.
I BELIEVE THIS IS AN AMAZING IDEA!
This allows for a lot more than just player control. This also proves to be statistics that can be verified and documented, this allows the higher tiers the more skill based plays they are asking for, this allows the lower tiers an offset to battle smurfing problems by allowing the lower tiers the opportunity to completely remove the heroes that are abused by players who are obviously not meant to be in their games, this allows diversity and an organic change and variation in meta, this also allows for matches to proceed without an added downtime, and this allows for a structured chaos that rotates the potential for each map instead of deciding that players just don’t want you playing your hero pick.
With a rotating hero ban based on map season the meta isn’t entirely set in stone and is then static and free to change based not only on each map, but also based on each season.
The choices will prove to be less about hero balance and more about skill over time because balance patches come in between competitive seasons. What makes sense today to ban may not actually make a lot of sense to ban later on.

I am not for the idea of hero bans at all, but if I were to be forced into a system that bans heroes I would like to see it be more dynamic and based on global opinion and not on individual preference. There is no reason for the guy I beat last game to be able to convince the enemy team to ban Widowmaker simply because I outplayed him and will likely outplay him again this game.
Likewise; with map bans we can now start to see the beginning of a rotation system already and adding hero bans on a map to map basis rotating between top 3 voted globally would prove to be more of a challenge and less of a restriction.

Thoughts?