No genji skin for over a year

Common arguments for sure, but if you’re going to argue a point don’t do it on the behalf of anyone but yourself without statistics to back it up. You’re making the argument here, not the community. Some of the community might agree, some might disagree, some are neutral, but one thing is for certain: “The Whole Community “ is not behind your statement.

Anyway.

Doesn’t take away from the fact the skin was previously unavailable, unbeknownst to the population prior to being shown off, and designed as a fresh skin for Genji.

Obtainable through a paywall or not, it was a new skin within the last year.

Allstars Weekend 2018 was an Overwatch related event.

I’ll concede the idea that it wasn’t a seasonal event, but it was as much an event as Nano Cola, BCRF, Bastet, and HotS tie ins were.

But again, its kinda pointless to discuss this because it boils down to the fact Pacific Genji:

1. Is a skin
  2. Was new at time of release
  3. Came out within a year ago

Every single OWL skin is a skin, and was new at one point as well. We don’t count them because they aren’t collectible due to the sheer amount of them.

This might be the best (only) argument out of all of them and you put it last.

Regardless of the impact on the completion, the skin was obtainable and was new within a year.

None of what I said takes away from the fact he could use new skins, it simply bothers me that people would flat out play ignorant of a new legendary skin release on the basis of “you had to buy it”. With all the talk of “how bad loot boxes are” and “we should have the option of buying the skins we want” you’d think this skin wouldn’t be such an asinine argunent.

2018 Pacific All-Stars Genji was a new Genji Skin released within the last year because of one simple fact:

1. It was a new skin at time of release
1 Like

To be honest I care more about Orisa not getting a skin. I know she got one last year but she has been around for a pretty long time and only has 2 legendary event skins. Even Doomfist, Brigitte and Moira, who all were released after her, have more skins than her!

1 Like

Look at Lu Bu for reaper abd look at pacific genji or atlantic tracer . OH WAIT you cant look at either? (Assuming you dont own one of em)

Nuff said. The skin was an exclusive that was put behind a paywall
Tracer got a atlantic skin and she got the chinese new year one
Sombra as well with her paywall skin
Why didnt genji?

Atlantic and pacific skins dont count literally by the game itself

1 Like

Is 2018 Pacific All-Stars a skin?

Yes

Was it new at time if release?

Yes

Did it come out within a year?

Yes

:man_shrugging:

1 Like

Was is accessible to everyone?
No
Can it be available to everyone now?
No
Was part of a seasonal event?
No

Nuff said

“Was”?

Yes

Now?

No

Doesn’t make it any less of a “skin”

see previous statement

This literally doesn’t count towards criteria for being a skin.

You’re very quoteable.

No favoritism in this game, (as far as cosmetics)as there shouldn’t be.

1 Like

Wrong it wasnt. Not everyone can waste 20$
And the argument “iTs a sKiN” is stupid BECAUSE IT IS A SKIN BUT DOESNT COUNT AND SHOULDNT COUNT AS SOMETHING LIKE BAIHU. Wheb they are creatin gskins they shouldnt be like
“OH GENJI GOT THAT PACIFIC SKIN WE MADE HE IS GOOD” coz he is not

1 Like

Fixed it for you, and you’re correct, but everyone at the time had the opportunity to buy it. Which means it was available to anyone.

It counts because it’s a skin. Just because of the method of acquisition is different doesn’t mean it’s not a skin.

It’s not under a whole different customization tab because I bought it, it’s right there next to Blackwatch under the “skin” tab.

I don’t have any friends at Blizzard, but if yours are telling you this is how they determine skin recipients, that’s something pretty egregious.

Also I think you’re making implication that I’m saying because he got a cool premium All-Stars skin (which is a skin btw) that automatically means that he’s set for a year.

Which I’m not saying, nor haven’t said at all.

I’m all for a new Genji skin, it’s about time.

yeah but tracer got like 5 skins in a year

1 Like

#sadninjaface:(

1 Like

i really hate Genji BUT i was shocked when i saw that he didnt got nothing again

1 Like

He and Orissa will get one soon. Patience young one

1 Like

it doesn’t count. its not accessible through normal means that every other skin is accessible through. so therefore it doesn’t count. you don’t count the sombra skin in her skins, you don’t count the widow maker, tracer, or pharah pre order skins, so you don’t count a skin that isn’t accessible through normal means

so you are wrong :blush:

1 Like

you are literally the only one here saying it counts, your argument applies to you as well, and you have no statistics showing the community sides with you, and if you take the small sample here in this thread, you are the wrong one.

1 Like

I really want more badass skins like oni or baihu.

Honestly id even be happy if they just rereleased oni and made the character effects red instead of green.

I also would love hanzo and genji matching skins. The closest we’ve got is oni and demon and hanzos demon skin pales in comparison to genjis. Not really even that close.

its wasn’t accessible to everyone. kids don’t have money of their own, and some parents wont pay. it was not accessible through a loot box. it was not accessible through in game currency, there for it wasn’t accessible to everyone.

1 Like

3 replies to 3 separate different arguments saying the same thing each time? Seems a little gratuitous but whatever.

The skin isn’t a seasonal event skin, yes. And everything you stated about it not being available to anyone past Allstars Weekend 2018 is correct. That doesn’t take away from the fact Genji got a skin. The skin doesn’t magically disappear from the game because you say it doesn’t count as a skin, nor is it found anywhere outside of the skin tab. If you come across a player using that skin, it doesn’t automatically default to the default skin from your POV because you don’t have it.

It’s a skin for Genji that came out within the last year, suggesting otherwise is blatant ignorance of indisputable facts.

Demon Hunter? Yeah I do.

Noire, Slipstream, and Security Chief?

Nope. Just kidding.

Yep, yes, and yeah.

Same with Commander Morrison, Blackwatch Reyes, and whatever Origins Bastion skin is named.

Same goes for the Blizzcon epic skins too. (Still bummed I missed those).

Fun fact I also count every single OWL team skin as well. Their impact and relevance however is diminished due to the fact every single hero has 2 skins for every single team, severely reducing their desirability.

In fact, when Mayhem had tweeted about their intention to use Miami Vice colors after the 2018 season instead of their original yellow and red, I purchased a few Mayhem skins due to the uncertainty of those skins being around this season as a precaution and “investment” of sorts, which of course they were.

Grey skins however do have inherent value as they are no longer obtainable outside of last year’s OWL season, much like the Allstar Pacific Genji skin that released within a year ago.

Correct deduction for this 30 some odd reply, 19 user topic that keeps getting bumped.

Correct. If neither side can present evidence to purport their claim, the point is pretty much pointless.

Didn’t say the “community” did.

But you’re starting to catch on :slightly_smiling_face:

“If” is the key word here, I’d rather use the other topic, in which I have made the same response in as a better example, seeing as the sample size is larger therefore more representative of the argument at hand :man_shrugging:

Still have yet to be proven wrong by fact.

Genji received a skin within the last year. That is very much factual.

It was accessible to everyone. Everyone had an equal opportunity to acquire it, whether or not they spent the money to was their choice.

Nobody was restricted by the game from purchasing it.

That’s not the point though.

Grew up in a very similar fashion, life isn’t fair, better to learn that through a video game than in some other unsavory living condition though :man_shrugging:

However this isn’t about just kids, some adults didn’t get it either you know, neither did some teenagers. But on the flip side, some did.

It’s still a skin regardless.

Correct deduction

Ehhhh, that’s debatable to be fair.

But I’m feeling generous, I’ll give you that one.

Doesn’t change the outcome tho.

But it was, the only restriction was personal finances. Otherwise, the game didn’t discriminate against who had access to the option to purchase it.

All this, once again, doesn’t take away from the fact that:

1. It is a skin
  2. It is for Genji
  3. It came out within a year ago

All this doesn’t change the idea that Genji could use some more skins.

it doesn’t count. it is not an in game skin that you can get through loot boxes.

you can continue to say it does, and continue to be on the minority of this discussion.

here

that’s not debatable at all. you cannot aquire the skin with the credits you get through loot boxes. only through the ones you have to pay for, or watch OWL to get.

Youre being intentionally disingenuous and that only makes you look bad in this entire debacle.

here are the facts. it was only accessable through money. Not the same as the types of skins other characters are getting.

It was only accessible if you had the game at that time, if you had it after that, you don’t get it.

and it wasn’t an event skin that you can obtain without paying.

It doesn’t fall in line with the other skins, because it doesn’t sit like the other skins.

You cant say that a pay wall skin counts when every one else is getting skins that have no pay wall.

You cant say its counts for a skin, when the entire way you get it is entirely different than the other skins.

if you want to say it does, then every skin that comes out from here on out needs to cost 200 OWL tokens and never come back. otherwise it does not count.

you cant size up something you get in game just for playing eventually to something you have to pay for in a limited event that never comes back. end of story.

I had the choice between buy the skin and get no lunch for a month, or don’t and eat

1 Like