No downvotes is a huge improvement

There’s a reason none of the major social media websites (twitter, facebook, Instagram) use downvotes/dislikes. Because they don’t foster discussion, only toxicity. That’s what the culture of the forums (and largely the internet as a whole) has become in recent times. Sticking your head in only to tell someone “I don’t like that”.

If you don’t like something, don’t interact with it. If you disagree with something, say that and explain why. Downvoting only promotes a bullying mob mentality. If you said something that went against the grain, you were almost literally silenced by the hordes of downvotes by having you post be concealed.

Without downvotes, we can make nerf genji threads, nerf moira threads, threads regarding hero backgrounds (race, religion, sexuality), shipping threads, and threads constructively critiquing the game without being shut down by people who probably didn’t read the first post. Every idea is heard equally. If an idea isn’t good, it won’t get m/any likes. That’s a clear enough gauge of things.

I say all this to say I really enjoy the new forums. You don’t have to be afraid of saying something that the masses don’t agree with anymore.

29 Likes

36 posts were merged into an existing topic: So downvotes are completely gone now?