No communication for 5 months about the region merge

Many people have been affected by June 22nd update, we received no communication whatsoever since June.

If I play with my Jamaican friends they get forced into EU servers with high ping, when we all used to play on NA servers with no problems, but now if I play the game they don’t really want to play with me anymore as they don’t want to be forced on EUR servers.

So what is happening? why nobody telling us whether or not they will add a region data centre selector in game and no updates at all.

This “play with anyone from around the world” instead ruined many of the many friendships I made on my main over the past 5 yrs as I mainly played NA servers until that June 22nd update.

This was also said, but there has been no update about it since June.

2 Likes

I live in a spot in Canada where I can get <85ms ping from either Chicago or EU. My ping to Cali west coast is much higher than my EU connections…but I get west coast games seldomly over 0 EU games.

I also used haste (before they merged with exitlag which is awful and increases latency) to optimize my connection to Europe, making a 110 ms connection into an 79-83 ms connections to Amsterdam, 90ms to Paris.

It sucks that I can’t play in the EU anymore. I loved voice chat because my maritime Canadian accent made me exotic :lion: and special :snowflake: over there. I also loved the drama.

You played in NA for the better social experience, and I played in EU for the drama :kiss:

Now we are both unhappy. Our ‘fix’ to our issues was a well-established feature that has been in OW since launch.

Right the information is there.

Players are not seperated by servers anymore so matchmaking cannot go by what server you login to as that doesn’t exist.

If you group with another player it’ll match based a group which has an overall better ping and/or larger player pool.

In your case with a Jamaican player he’ll have an average connection to na and below average to eu. Meaning your good to EU connection will take priority.

While they haven’t said this directly the information is there.

The only solution to get the server you want is use a VPN.

As for what should be done. Letting people choose what server they want to be matched on. That said the system as is, is fairer and the old system was explored by other players.