(updated) No but Seriously about stuff in about a hour or 2

When we get the season 2 gameplay trailer along with the season 2 content roadmap…

Who else is not expecting it to be amazing but as minimal as possible.

It’s not like they announced a Role Rework or anything either.

(edit: updated after passing out after work)

(It was a really rough night, specially without water to drink aka the boil water thing.)

(now all have to deal with is the possible tornadoes forming over my house today… need stronger coffee.)

10 Likes

“We’re readding maps we removed from Season 1!”

40 Likes

Honestly we should just expect heroes to “disappear” again soon after this.

(Still think it’s just silent Hero Bans.)

Anyway got to go, have some more tornado weather to deal with. (Plus Cyber Monday stuff at my Fedex Job.) (Aka the worst combo.)

2 Likes

I still dont understand what the season 2 content roadmap is

aside from a winter wonderland event, what more could they go in detail through? Shop rotation?

4 Likes

Likely something OWL related in January… like a new skin or something.

Seems like a thing every year.

Anyway off to break my back.

Lunar New Year in 2023 is January 22nd, so it’s possible the LNY event will also happen during season 2.

2 Likes

How else are they going to punish us for refusing to pay $20 for a skin

1 Like

i expect more 19usd skins that are just recolors with new hats

6 Likes

they will introduce stuff we’ve seen before release which they have clearly held back to be staggered.

like gun inspections, or the thumbs up/down animations. though i’m expecting those for season 3.

5 Likes

I think the trailer is just going to be fluff gameplay footage to hype the season, no huge new announcement. If the hero changes are something more than numbers, they’ll reveal those. It’s possible they could add something else, but we know it’s not a hero, a map, or major progression changes. Dunno what else there is that would be exciting.

The “content roadmap” is weird. I can only guess that it’s talking about shop skins and the winter event. But it’s a strange way to phrase that. Can’t really think of anything that I would expect to be rolled out partway through the season.

3 Likes

I don’t know what to expect. But I’m scared of the drastic measures they are going to take afterwards, if Supports are horribly unpopular.

That said;
Aside from adding Kiriko, they haven’t done any Support balance changes since July 15th, 2022.

So it’s a question of if they’ve been working on Support issues that entire time, or they didn’t

2 Likes

It will just be an ad for the BP skins and overpriced shop skins.

5 Likes

Could be events, or Support hero rework experimentals. Or changing big systems that affect Supports (I.e. Every role gets a customised regen passive)

Or heck, go nuts, every role can do a 100% immobile revive. Which works well in Apex, Gundam, Dirty Bomb and the OW2 PVE Halloween event.

1 Like

Pretty sure we already confirmed they didn’t

I do expect a holiday event date but not a full reveal. Perhaps there will be a mini event or something planned for January. There’s also the mid season balance patch which could get a date. Even all that feels light to be releasing a “content roadmap” though. The very idea of the seasonal model they told us about was that everything is added on day one of the season. I wonder if they’re changing that somehow.

1 Like

Should also add I’m under a boil water notice here in Houston

They are about to put in a balance patching system that would allow them to make small changes every 5 minutes, without restarting the servers.

So having to wait 4+ weeks between balance patches makes no sense.

2 Likes

I completely forgot that that was tomorrow :sweat_smile:

Huh. I guess I don’t care about it all.

1 Like

I legitimately expect quality to go down and prices to go up.

4 Likes

Don’t forget how slow this has been compared to OW1 release. (I did a comparison awhile ago.)

New players already left.

Gonna focus driving now.

Adding my tunes playlist that I wish I could shuffle here.

1 Like