Next Stop: Kanezaka

I’m expecting a new hero for the main game, a look into some new maps and modes for overwatch 2, a look into how the progression systems will work for hero missions, and an animated short.

I would not expect an official release date. Blizzard is going to look at what has happened to other studios who have announced release dates and then had to push things back constantly, and avoid putting themselves in that situation all together.

1 Like

I disagree. This seems like a lot more posts than usual.

Pretty cool.

I am also not expecting a release date, like, at all.

I am fully expecting a new animated short, a new trailer, some hero reveals, more map reveals, most of, if not, ALL new hero redesigns, some PvE progression stuff, and MAYBE another story mission shown off.

A 2022 release would be pathetic tbh… but at the same time I don’t a buggy glitchy worthless piece of trash like Cyberpunk 2077

Like many, I don’t play FFA.

So I will never see or play this map. :grin:

Stop being negative because it wasn’t the content you wanted

4 Likes

There a bunch of ungrateful, entitled children on this post.

I would like to see you do better on a map design, that’s what I thought. I bet you can’t even make a snowman from clay.

2 Likes

i love petra! im the sym that hides behind the rock and puts my turrets by the jump pad its fun.
:smile:

issue comes that the game is STAGNANT for content.

It wouldnt be hard to leave a map to be for ffa and another mode.

It would be awesome except that nobody cares cause its a FFA map and you are a corporate entity owned by communists.

1 Like

so it was YOU all along

1 Like

Great design, lots of fun. It definitely favors shimada brothers with all the different elevations and walls to climb.

so are they spamming tweets and official posts about this map because nobody cares, or are they spamming tweets and official posts about this map because they’ve seen a positive .2% increase in game activity and they’re trying to milk it?

either way it’s irritating. it’s like your family is starving and you brought home a container of garlic salt and every time we mention being hungry you just remind us of the basic seasoning that contains next to no sustenance by itself.

3 Likes

As much as people don’t like this map that much, I like it! It feels much bigger then it actually is, and I love to explore around and look to see the details put in. Plus, I like the area design in there being distinct areas of the map, like the shrine for example. It’s a little disappointing that it’s FFA only, but it’s still an amazing map.

1 Like

Actually they didn’t have plans to release more content. It happened that a single developer created the map on his own while experimenting and, it resulted so good they put some extra resources to finish it.

Doesn’t hurt, it’s a beautiful map. Plus, that might mean they are way ahead than we think in OW2 that they can redirect some resources to other “minor” content in the Arcade.

Also, yesterday (19th) they published an interview with the devs, where they said that remote work was actually better than office and everything was going smooth, so perhaps we won’t see many delays because of that.

Be patient!

This map is just terrible. It’s a maze with tons of high ground that’s not easily accessible by land-bound heroes.

In other words, this map is a Genji/Hanzo/Widow/Ashe playground.

Honestly I think this is my favorite of the DM maps. I don’t play deathmatch too often but I’ll definitely play this map.

I now started to play DM regularly when in queue just because of this map. It’s actually amazing, one of the best maps in the game for me personally. Incredibly pleasing to the eye, not too bright, not too dark, calm colors and great map design, nice mixture of close/mid-range engagements, I could go on, it’s amazing!

PS: I use it to play as Ana, it’s not a “Genji playground” at all. There are plenty ways to get high ground without using climbing skills.

2 Likes

I like to play it with Sym, so yeah, don’t really know where these “You need mobility!!” people are coming from.

2 Likes

I am so thankful for and happy with this map. It looks great, plays great, and it’s now easily my favorite Deathmatch map. :sparkling_heart: Thank you, devs

I’m essentially a full-on BRIGITTE ONE-TRICK in Deathmatch, and Kanezaka actually seems to be my strongest map so far. But that could be in part due to the cat café empowering her. xD

2 Likes

Boy, i’ve come from the future…

And i have bad news

1 Like