Asia - Playoff Round 3

VS.

New York Excelsior

Shanghai Dragons
Season: 16-8 +20

Season: 27-2 +44

Final Score

Victory!

WATCH LIVE: OverwatchLeague.com (Tokens Enabled Here!)

Click here for 2020 Playoffs Rules and Details
Click here for North American Bracket
Click here for Asia Bracket

Click here for Discussion Thread Rules
  • This thread is intended for the discussion of this specific Overwatch League match.
  • Please be respectful to one another and follow the Forum Code-of-Conduct and the Overwatch Forum Posting Guidelines.
  • Incentivizing boycotts or invoking discussion that outright expresses hate or disinterest toward Overwatch or the Overwatch League directly in these match discussion threads of any kind will be considered trolling and flagged appropriately.
  • If you are Trust Level 3 user, you are welcome and encouraged to post your animated gifs and images in replies to support your team or be expressive, but please keep any such imagery appropriate.
  • I, WyomingMyst, am a Forum MVP. This means I spend a great deal of time helping players with Overwatch (which is why my text is green in color). This thread is not related to my role as a Forum MVP and I do not represent Blizzard Entertainment.

Thank you for your cooperation and enjoy the match!

Tokens now enabled on OverwatchLeague.com! Click here for important information and troubleshooting!

1 Like

Let’s go NYXL! Defeat the Dragons and bring home the bacon!

Definitely a quite night… considering this is a rather exciting match.

Why is dive back and why hasnt anyone told me yet?

2 Likes

Draw on Hybrid… think we might be looking at a 7 or 8 mapper this match?

After Map 2

-
-
-
-
-
-

Uh, Wyoming, Shanghai won the first map 2-1, not the Excelsior.

But yes, I do think we could see this one go to an extreme distance…

Let’s goo NYXL! I believe in the boys

Dragons cap both points on offense and then full hold the Excelsior on defense, which means one thing:

The Dragons have arrived at match point. They are one map away from going to the Winner Bracket Finals…which means they would walk away from these playoffs at least $250,000 richer.

haksal switched to genji way too late (volskya)

Thank you WyomingMyst very cool

Looks like swapping to Libero was the right move.

Edit: What a great last round on Market there! Dragons’ Tracer really mopped up at the end with that triple kill.

My Excelsior may have lost, but dang it, the Excelsior and the Dragons put on a show.

Dragons win 3-1 over the Excelsior in 5 maps.

1 Like

FLETA

IS

THE

CLUTCH

KING!

That was like when Fleta whipped out Widow and clutched a huge kill streak on King’s Row. it was another one of those matches.

And I agree on LJG getting MVP, he was doing a lot.

Overall, NYXL put up one hell of a fight, there were moments I was wondering what Dragons were doing, more mistakes then I have ever seen since like, the start of the year, and that huge loss to Seoul Dynasty.

Final Score

Victory!

Okay one more match tonight.

In 2018, the Shanghai Dragons went 0-40.

Now, in 2020, the Dragons are in the Top 6 and are one match win away from going to Grand Finals weekend.

2 short years. To go from lovable losers to Top 6. This has all the makings of an ESPN 30 for 30 film.

I am not so knowledgeable… But didnt like only 2 players of the original Shanghai Dragon players stay and the team was filled with the “rivals” of the now Vancouver Titans or something like that?

Edit: took 4 south korean players, released most of the original players but 3, took in the team KongDoo Panthera

Anyone tell me which patch OWL is playing on?

I believe the Double Shield Nerf Patch, but not the Damage Powercreep Nerf Patch.

Confirmed, I quickly watch a scene with Ashe and she still has 15 Ammo, not 12 (which is live).