New York Excelsior vs. Shanghai Dragons - FINAL

After Map 2

-
-
-
-
-
-

WATCH LIVE: Overwatch League (Tokens Enabled Here!)

Welp woke up just in time to catch the last 30 secs of that round…contested 2-0 or romp?

Romp…this has been one-sided…NYXL looking absolutely washed…

Need to rewatch that attack there…looked like they stormed the point…and kept going all the way back around without ever trying to cap

I think they only wanted to get a tick

Yeah, they did. They left Saebyeolbe out to die by himself with no healers or tanks to chase after a kill, I don’t remember if they even secured.

IGHT GAMERS! Time for the APAC match of the week - Seoul Spitfire vs the Shanghai Stompers

NYXL, WHAT IN OBLIVION IS WRONG WITH YOU? YOU DISAPPOINTED YOUR FANS AND COULDN’T EVEN PUT UP A FIGHT AGAINST THE SHANGHAI DRAGONS!

I COMMAND YOU TO GET BACK TO YOUR BARRACKS AND GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER!

Yes, that was in fact a 100% complete thought, forum gods…an angry thought, but still a thought…

Well I didn’t watch the whole match…but in fairness…Shanghai isn’t exactly a pushover anymore…

It appears Wyoming is nowhere to be found, so I will take over match thread duties for now.

FINAL

Busan (Control) Score: Shanghai Dragons 2, New York Excelsior 0.

King’s Row (Hybrid) Score: Shanghai Dragons 3, New York Excelsior 1.

Temple of Anubis (Assault) Score: Shanghai Dragons 2, New York Excelsior 1.

MATCH SCORE: Shanghai Dragons 3, New York Excelsior 0.

SHANGHAI DRAGONS WIN!

New York Excelsior walk away as semifinalists and a total of $10,000 in bonuses, along with a free win. Shanghai Dragons advance to the finals to face the Seoul Dynasty in the first-to-4 Grand Finals.

Sorry for the delays, I just finished up a very important post as today is the Anniversary of Overwatch. Getting caught up now.

Oh, that is today, isn’t it? Happy 4th Anniversary, OW!

Final Score

-
-
-
-
Victory!

WATCH LIVE: Overwatch League (Tokens Enabled Here!)

Huh?

Okay… one more match to go… break open a Frappucino!

Based on the results of each team in this tournament, they will get 0 to 3 bonus wins added to their season record.

Semifinalists pick up 1 win to be added on to their record, finalist gets 2 win to be added on to their record, and champion of May Melee gets 3 wins to be added on to their record.

That’s such a weird reward…does it have anything to do with all the schedule interruptions this year?

It had more to do with the fact that teams wanted middle-of-season tournaments to matter aside from cash bonuses…Stage Finals over the first 2 years of the OWL (and this year’s Mid-season tournament, before it was canceled) had nothing of importance aside from cash bonuses and maybe some bragging rights.

Yes, this tournament is sort of a replacement to the mid-season tournament we were suppose to have by now. However by providing “bonus wins” as a prize, there is a very real reason for the teams to play their best. For example, even if the Dynasty lose, this getting 2 bonus wins will greatly save them from their poor performance from the weeks prior and keep them in season playoffs contention.