New way to lose endorsment!

If you have a leaver and you wait the clock down on that leaver, and you leave…you lose a LOT of endorsements!!! Even if you are the 3rd person to leave in that match.

1 Like

I like to think of the Endorsement level as those gold stars 3rd grade teachers would give to their students regardless on how well they did on the test.

It’s pointless and serves no purpose, but is it hilarious to see kids think it means something? Yes

2 Likes

why? not everyone wants to waste time playing a 5v6

Huh, good to know. Thanks for sharing and sorry for your loss.

I think they do nothing, FOR NOW. I wouldn’t put it past blizzard to put out the endorsement system first, see how it plays out, then roll out another system that rewards endorsements. It’s very feasible in my opinion. But alas, if i’m in comp and 5 people leave my team and i finally leave, a massive chunk of it it gone. I hit level 3 a few days ago, and played on and off for 2 days, got plenty more endorsements. Got into a match where a 2 stack quit or DC’d, and i left after the timer hit 0, and lost about a day and a half worth of endorsements, and still haven’t climbed back up to 3.

Yup.

What you’re saying is true and is already in the PTR patch notes. Hopefully this will be fixed today for the Live version of the game as well.

Another thing…Am i losing endorsements from not watching everyone’s POTG and leaving a match a few seconds after it’s over. I had a bunch of matches, finally back to level 3, just got multiple endorsements in the last match. This match is over, i leave, “ENDORSEMENT LEVEL HAS DROPPED FROM 3 TO 2”.

Completely irrelevant. You’ve brought no fresh ideas to this forum post topic, nor have you argued why the “no penalty” period of a match to leave should lose your endorsement level.

Good ol’ Overwatch forum

Isn’t it past your bedtime?

Hey there, the bug with leaving a Competitive Match after the forfeit window has opened, will be resolved in the upcoming 1.27 patch.

In the meantime, if your endorsement level is important to you, you must remain in the match until it completes on its own.

Ah yes 100 coins off my next event skin is extremely important to me