New update - Seperated Rank

Majority of the community is speaking about role que, but what about the new ranking system?

I think i understand the reason behind new ranking system, but i find it very unpleasing. The bigger CP gain is not really what it looks like, because you need to play all 3 placements to get the similar amount of CP as before.
Seperated rank is not going to work, it has been tested in other competetive games like League of Legends for example, but it was immediately rejected by the community, because it was found very confusing and overall none liked it.
But most importantly: it changes the whole game like the role lock. This game was designed for quick adapting and changing the comp to counter your enemies.
Imagine if someone asked you what rank you are and you said “Well i am a plat support, but i am also a silver DPS and gold tank”
Overall i think this patch is beneficial to the game but please don’t ever add Role SR, it will ruin the game.

role SR is built into the system.
the idea is that your games match your level for that role, if your a gold tank & a diamond support, if you play tank in diamond you’re throwing.
also if you place all 3 ranks you get more CP than before

1 Like

OK let’s see what his reasons are…

…CP gain is not really what it looks like…

:unamused:

1 Like

Separated rank is actually really good. My ideal system would remove mandatory role lock and use LFG. I would actually have a 4th rank that would be flex, which would ether be for solo q, or those that play in a flex role in LFG.

The problem with the SR change is that it will suffer from the same problem the universal SR system had, which is that it tries to give 1 SR number for multiple drastic mechanical play methods. Even within the same role, the game was not designed for one person to excel in all the different mechanical methods of playing.

Almost everyone prefers separated ranks. It just makes sense, if we’re getting locked roles.

here’s my idea for individual hero SR

they should also return to No Limits in Comp and QP

along with QoL for the LFG, I think the experience of playing a game of Overwatch would be awesome

I dont like role q and role restriction. You right, saying the game is about to adapt etc, but reality is sad, ppl are underperform in the way of flexing roles that team needed, that’s why sometimes you have games where you get rolled, or roll enemies by yourself and feel the game is not ballanced and one-sided. Because one man can’t be so good at all roles at the same time, so dps main with 4k sr can play anna, but he will play like diamond, so you gonna loose bc of that. The game volatility will be decreased with 2-2-2, but the most scaring thing for me is Q time, esp. for dps role.