New to PC, what kind of monitor should I be using with my specs?

I don’t really know much about PC’s, this is my first build and I currently have a 1080p monitor with a refresh rate of 60hz. According to my performance states at the top left I can run over 140 frames but in reality I’m only getting 60, so I just keep my framerate as display based. I’m wondering however if it’s possible for me to run 1080p with at least 100 frames per second and a better refresh rate. My graphics quality in game is set to high autimatically. My current build is
-GTX 1050 Ti 4gb ssc
-Intel i3-8100 3.6ghz
-8gb ram
So what kind of monitor should I upgrade to for better display? I want to get in more frames per second and have a better refresh. Would appreciate some nerdy advice.

I believe that monitor does cap at 60 because it is a 60htz monitor. Any 240htz monitor give you the ablilty to increase your frame rate. Also check this guide for more help:

I have a GTX 1050 Ti. And with high settings I only get around 80 frames. If you want to keep playing with high, I’d reccomend keeping your monitor. If you switch to low settings, I’d reccomend a 120Hz monitor.