New targeting bug?

I’m not posting on bug report because it won’t get any kind of traction there and we need to gather some more information.

https://youtu.be/_mm8uZKOq4E?t=536
8:56 is the slowed down replay portion of the bug occuring, 4:57 for the ingame portion.

Yesterday or so Fitzyhere encountered egregious hack bug on his stream that didn’t allow him to switch targets from previous hack attempt to another one and the ability didn’t even start.

What suddenly hit me is that I have probably encountered this bug many times before myself somewhat recently too when Fitzy said this bug started appearing but I thought it was just user error.

Swapping targets with Mercy’s beam had the exact same error. At least I think it does unless I’m going crazy.

If target leaves your los and range, after the lingering period of mercy’s beam has passed, you should automatically acquire a new target within range if you hold down the button and you have a targeting reticle available. Same with sombra, if target leaves hack range or los, you can hack a new target by still holding down the button. That’s what normally happens.

I swear a couple times it just hasn’t happened and my beam just doesn’t want to switch to this new target and I’ve totally marked it down as user error… but if I keep clicking my beam to refresh it on new target reticle in the middle and it keeps locking onto something else way off screen, something is wrong right?

I can’t seem to replicate this on training mode (yet, maybe target has to be breaking LOS fast like breaking hog’s hook happens), but if this bug can be verified to be happening and if it happens with other characters, it would be great to know and that I’m just not going crazy.

1 Like
1 Like

Unfortunately?

This isn’t new. And it’s most certainly irritating.

Seems to be relatively new bug, like Echo patch new. Least according to fitzy because he says hack has been acting strange like they changed something.

And I’ve not personally encountered it before approximately the echo patch.

I heard it was like some kind of los check thing.

This was before Echo, though.

That’s a really old patch note that was meant to adress that Sombra was apparently hacking through walls because it had such long leeway. Not that it made sombra anywhere near OP, but it was fixed quick since players complained about it.

Current bug seems to be different issue, hack just doesn’t start at all when you acquire a new target when the targeting reticle is clearly visible. And same seems to be happening to mercy from personal experience.

Well, I tried searching but I didn’t find any. But that doesn’t make this glitch any less worse.

Genjis are jumping everywhere and Sombra broke her nail.
Could this season get any worse?

I’m here questioning did mercy break her nail too for that 5hps buff. There’s documentation for the hack bug but not if it affects other character reticles. So I personally question myself every single time it seems like something is not working with her beam like intended.

She stopped using fake nails and is now rocking them fabulous acrylic ones. SimplyNailogical could never.

There was also an issue occuring every now and then where the Hack takes a few seconds to complete. No worries though, this will all be solved with OW2. :clown_face:

Oh yea there’s that too, I’ve seen it happen too many times on fitzy’s stream. Sombra keeps typing with her fingers at least half a second longer than she should when the target is in plain line of sight.

Genjilluminati confirmed.
Off to farm them Gravs and proceed to waste every single one of them on ulting weebs. At least that isn’t broken… Yet. :upside_down_face:

1 Like