New support hero idea (joke)

OW has a diverse set of healers, the methods of healing allies is pretty good but we need to have a new method of healing to please a certain demographic of players.

We have: traditional healing (Mercy, Lucio, Zenyatta), parasitic healing(Moira aka the SUCC Queen), healing through violent actions (Brigitte by beating up enemies and Ana by shooting allies)

While these methods are fun and useful we are in need of something revolutionary. Something we haven’t seen before.

We need… healing through the act of receiving pain.
In simple terms you heal if you take damage.

“So basically a masochist healer?”

Yup!

A strong black female support who heals others by getting hurt from the enemy.

“Woah hold it why a black woman?”

For the sake of “diversity”.
Most masochist characters so far have been pale skinned and making a man a masochist is an over used character type so it’s time we fill in the market of black female masochists

I mean I've heard how STRONK BRACK WAMEN are so who else could withstand the level of pain this hero will receive.

This won’t end well for me

“…ok but how will this hero work?”
In short:
She does not have HP but a damage meter
She can’t contest the point but she can capture it
If she takes damage she will heal people around her like Brigitte
Taking more damage results in more healing
She can’t attack anyone
She can’t be healed
Her only ability is to sprint around
Her ultimate is morphine which allows her to take even more DMG

She doesn't die but "faints" from taking too much damage for her to handle

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

She can heal anyone at any range if she takes damage

This hero is very engaging, very active and fun to play as and against her.
Not to mention the level of skill needed to make her work is on par with the glass cannon Doomfist.

“Ok but what about her lore and how would it add to the lore of OW?”
The Devs will think of something. hashtagnotmyjoblol

What are your thoughts?

Would be hard to function in practice because you would have to like, jump in the line of fire to function. Things like running in front of your tank, jumping in between a sniper and their target, jumping into a Graviton Surge / Death Blossom / Dragonstrike / Dragonblade / etc.

Might I suggest giving her a link ability to “share the pain” with someone so that damage they take also activates her healing. Maybe even siphoning a percentage of the damage they take to herself, effectively giving the teammate percent damage taken reduction.

Also, no healing output during downtime like Brig, so she would have to have a second healer to top people off.

Knowing how forgiving the hitboxes are in this game getting hit would be pretty easy.

Combine that with the map design which is usually small and choke-ish you’re bound to get hit. So she is the perfect hero for players who like to group up and go in.

Not to mention her “HP” might have to be on the tank side for obvious reasons (or more) but testing is needed to see how much HP is needed and how quickly she can recover while also making sure she can’t brush off several ultimates while also keeping her team alive.

well, if you wanna make this kinda character:

• passive would be that she takes a small % of every players hp and adds them to her own ( can go over maxhealth)

• her first ability would be that she gives some of her own health to give health to ally

• her second abilty would be using her extra health to make a a copies of allies

and I have no idea what her ult should be

Needs more explosions.

hmm how about she cuts everyone´s hp by 10 % and add the hp taken to allies
( possible increasing their hp )

but she has to channel the health she got from eveyone for a 2 seconds to give it to her allies

She is not a Junker.

She could be, I don’t see why not