New Steam Account Bug

Downloaded and installed OW2 from Steam, linked it with my new Blizzard account. After 10 games I have 9W - 1L, all games show as abandoned in game report history, name is blank on all scoresheets for all games, all games show defeat on match summary. See screenshots on imgur with the following (bug reports don’t allow direct links embedded).

https:
//
imgur.
com
/a/lY0D1a3

2023-08-14 Update:
Reached out to Blizzard Support who reviewed the screenshots and agrees this is a bug. I have not yet disconnected my Steam Account given the warning that I will be unable to reconnect it for 1 year - pending Support response to this.

I’ve checked your screenshots and it looks to be some kind of in-game bug with Steam version of Overwatch 2. If you haven’t already, try unlinking and re-linking your Steam account to Battle.net. 365 days cooldown only applies to linking other Steam account, so you shouldn’t have problems doing that.

2023-08-15 Update:
Disconnected and reconnected my Steam Account. Issue persists. Uninstalled and reinstalled the game from Steam. Issue persists. C’mon Blizzard - GET THIS FIXED or at the very least acknowledge the issue!

5 Likes

this is happening to me too now! same circumstances as well - switched to steam from the blizzard launcher, linked, and now all my history says is abandoned!

Yea, it’s been in known issues since it was updated 25 days ago.

1 Like

ahh ok perfect. also noteworthy; i switched back to the blizzard launcher and the previous “abandoned” games are still messed up but now new games are accurate. hope that they retroactively fix them :confused:

2 Likes

Thet fixed the bug in today’s patch, hopefully your matches are marked correctly now.