New Sombra in a nutshell

You won’t see the tracer come through one of two chokes that your team is always looking at?
How?

Not guaranteed. Now it is. 100%.

Wait how do you plan on getting to the enemy healers or snipers undetected with your decreased mobility? Translocator? Good luck not being spotted with the 2 bright flashy animations. Stealth? Literally useless for anything except running back from spawn. (I should add that yes, stealth is useful for infiltrating, but it’s useless for mobility)

1 Like

Increased.
And you could always just stay invisible while using your translocator.
It was always the way to get through chokes, If you suddenly can’t do it, why could you do it before?

50% speed boost for time of your choosing or 75% speed boost for 5-6 seconds… hmm which has more mobility

1 Like

Longer you spend in invis the longer your team is fighting a 5v6. More than 6 seconds in invis is wasting time, Sombra players never felt like 6 seconds wasn’t long enough. It’s harder to use in a teamfight and translocator is now very unreliable so all she can do now is hang around and assassinate people coming from spawn. Literally watch Fitzy and the high level players that’s what she’s used for: spawn camping Zen and praying to god he has no support. Even though bliz stated ages ago that that’s exactly what they don’t want her to be.

6 Likes

Decreased. I can’t make any of the stealth jumps anymore. That’s massive.
The translocator still has the animations for it being destroyed.
No, it wasn’t. Stealth was pretty much always key to getting through chokes because there was usually always a jump you could make with it to get past the enemy. That’s gone now because they decreased her mobility to make her easier to play.

2 Likes

She could always get the jump on the enemy before this “buff”, not being seen while visible is the same as being invisible. When any hero backlines you and you can’t find them they have the drop on you.

Her previous kit didn’t force you to attack, your timer management was an accepted part of her kit, you might be able to take advantage at more precise moments but Sombra players were adapt at knowing how to pick moments.

5 Likes

While the rest of your team is slaughtered 6v5 in Diamond+ SR games.

Overwatch is a sprint not a marathon.

9 Likes

So in some niche situation its useful. Sounds like a quality of life change more than anything.
No contest and less speed i will feel permanent.

Why do this in the first place? How is this more effective than just playing McCree or Hanzo or a proper dps and decking enemies right in front of you? You have way more presence, you can protect your healers and combo with your supports and ranks in a teamfight. Sombra has one buggy in-combat ability which is canceled by taking damage along with the others. We need a proper reason to justify her as a pick, running around invisible not doing much isn’t it.

This. Sure invis in the long term probably provides more speed overall but her previous speed plus knowing when to throw her TL provided very good mobility too. But most of the time you’re re positioning from point to point so immediate speed/mobility is better imo.

3 Likes

defense IS a marathon
attack is a sprint

especially on 2cp… the only place sombra really ever shined

but what does it matter. any invis jumps you used to do can now be done with TL and you keep your invis

Because being forced to burn extra cooldowns isnt a nerf. Makes sense. Defense isnt a marathon either.

2 Likes

Sorry I don’t want to make a new thread so this is slightly off topic maybe.

But when I experimented with Sombra yesterday she felt really glitchy.

Hacks making the game slow down, even in QP.
Going into full tranlocate animation and STILL being killed before I actually leave.

These were the two big ones. I also feel like EMP radius is a bit worse but that could just be me?

I play on PS4 if that matters. I have never had a problem with lag or ping. Am I just tranlocating too late or is this a legitimate issue?

2 Likes

You must be new to Sombra. She has plenty of creative and interesting bugs to experience, always been like that. Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s worse on console though.

2 Likes

Aren’t we in a marathon meta. Wait for the right moment and strike are what snipers specialize in. Same with new sombra. So long as I get the kill I’m contributing. This whole if you spend more time than 6s your leaving your team in 5v6. Unless I get the kill now it’s a 5v5 then I either close in from behind or retreat to my team to push. I have more opportunities now to get kills. My participation has increased. But that’s just me I guess.

Snipers are constantly applying pressure through sight lines effectively zoning you out, Hanzo in particular is also applying shield pressure with storm arrows.

A Sombra which is invis might not exist, except for making positional call outs, which Hanzo is better used for since he has sonic arrow.

I actually haven’t been spawn camping. I’ve gotten amazing elims for being in the middle of the match, hacking and spraying. :joy:

1 Like