🛰 (New Seagull vid) Discussion About The State of Overwatch w/ Jayne, Surefour & XQC!

They don’t blindly listen to Pros either. If they did, Mercy would’ve been nerfed way sooner and Brigitte would actually be trash tier.

They have a healthy balance between the pros and the casuals.

1 Like

Seagull has also more directly confirmed in this video that he wants all Ults to be “nerfed across the board.” I wonder what everyone’s thoughts are on this.

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

I’m tired of this asinine rhetoric that “Seagull ruined this game with ‘x’ and ‘y’ opinions.”

Seagull has only been voicing what many MANY others have voiced, both from competitive and casual communities. Seagull didn’t “hate” on Mercy, or Brig, or anyone else. He has criticized them just like many others have, and while he may have been the tipping point, he is 100% not the REASON why changes were made.

Also, those changes in the long-term have been for the better. Mercy was gross with Mass Rez, and Blizz made a huge mistake with her rework and took far too long to correct it. Hopefully they learned from how long it took to actually bring Mercy down to fair levels. But getting rid of Mass Rez was the right choice in the long-term.

Now Brigitte is facing similar issues, where impact is grossly massive for the amount a user needs to input. Seagull also brought up a lot of other issues like straight up hard counters hurting more than helping, no stats in the game being a disservice, ultimates being potentially too powerful across the board, etc. Majority of these ideas have been shared across communities for quite some time now. Seagull isn’t the first to bring many of these issues up, because they are legitimate issues and concerns for the long-term health of the game.

Stop blaming Seagull. If you want to place blame on anyone, even if you’re wrong, blame it on ALL people who want a fair competitive game, because Seagull is far from the only one that holds these concerns as a top priority.

4 Likes

I’ve never seem something so trivial receive so much attention and upvotes.

Are there bots that do this?

Multiple topics about seagull or whatever all with tons and tons of upvotes and posts, like a 500 post topic about absolutely nothing.

Like literally wtf?

gotten near the end of vid… so many good points. Sigh… He is right something got to drastically change and soon.

Seagull lives in a bubble of pro play and GM games, but he thinks he knows how low level players feel better than they do.

2 Likes

He literally said in a discussion with Jayne that he doesn’t like giving direct solutions on things because he is not a game dev.

Down here at gold you are typically going against a comp featuring:

Winston
Moira
Bridgette
Hanzo
Torb/Sym

It’s basically a battle of who can create the most spam on the point. Good games are hard to come by…

yes because no low level player ever felt help less vs brig right?

Low level players could make an OTP brig account and get to GM within a season from Silver, because that character hard countered, so much. Tell me how seagull is wrong? He’s saying this game makes him feel toxic and blame his team mates, and that’s something everyone faces not just “pro” players. You’re just dismissing his view because he’s pro

Honestly i don’t know what to think anymore. I feel like I am consistently at work nowadays. Even with other games. (Taking a Break from 76 for example because just encounter way too many bug preventing progress)

Hopefully something is said by Devs soon about upcoming… stuff.

Youre not very smart are you?

He is wrong because he talks about how the game isn’t about hard counters or paper-rock-scissors, or being forced to switch.

In pro / high tier play this may have been true in the past.

For everyone else this game has always been about hard counters, switching to counter, and paper-rock-scissors play. You can go through threads posted today back to the old forums and see players from lower ranks outside of GM say these very same things.

Only now, the top has been getting a tase if what the majority have been experiencing (to a degree) when it comes to hard counters in the game.

Seagull wants the game like it used to be - for him and his rank of play.

He doesn’t understand, nor really care about how players have or do experience the game at lower ranks.

i’d assume that’s because it’s not the job of the player to come up with solutions. Also you have limited access to Statistics etc.
How should players even be able to come up with solutions

bumped for extra attention.

I agree with seagull at least on the scoreboard/statistics. Yeah, sure. People need to learn how to read stats and scoreboards, but thats something that will be learned over time. I can’t think of a reason not to at least try it.

waaaah I’m a Mercy sympathizer waaaah Seagull put a gun to the developers’ heads and told them to change the game WAAAAAAH!

Honestly bless his heart he didnt gave solutions and knows his place in the bigger picture. He’s not a game dev. Professional game developers shouldn’t expect the playerbase to come with solutions to all of the problems because every single player has their owns ways of fixing things.

S4 on the other hand…

Because Seagull has a large following and people agree with his stance on this topic .

Seagull might live in a bubble of pro play and GM, but he did say multiple times that he doesn’t know what it is in low SR. I have seen on xQc’s stream and Seagull’s when Brig was released that people went from silver, gold, plat to GM in a Season.

“with XQC”… Yeah no thanks but thanks for posting.

I generally try to avoid xQc myself. But if you skip this video just to avoid him in this case you are doing yourself a disservice.

First of all, xQc didn’t join in until almost a full hour after it started. Secondly, xQc was surprisingly rational and mature about what he did say when he finally joined.

Basically it was originally Jayne interviewing Seagull regarding his recent video criticizing what he saw as failures of Overwatch solo queue system. Then a few minutes later Surefour joined in and it became basically a “we know something is wrong but how can it be fixed” discussion. Almost a full hour later xQc came in and didn’t verbally attack anyone or drag the conversation down. If anything he took a discourse that was starting to die out and made it have life once again.

If xQc always behaved so maturely I wouldn’t dislike the man as much as I do.