New rule: 90 days between changes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qye7giyJbOk    

i mean yeah she kinda was at least for this part

That’s the 0.1-second lag/desync leniency. Why is it more broken than Hanzo ulting through walls?

I would be laughing my head off to see such a rule enforced when they first released the revamped Bastion a year ago (when he had 35% Ironclad)

That’s ridiculous, 90 days of forcibly having a character be OP or UP is just nuts.

If we’re going to have minimum periods I’d say 2 weeks, just enough to let the overreactions come and go and gather decent data for the biggest problems.

35% ironclad bastion would have sure been fun for 90 days.

In case you don’t get what I’m saying, I’m saying yer point is dumb. This is literally one of the dumbest ideas I’ve seen.

did you even look at the sombra nerf thread

Did you even read my previous reply? Yes, I know about the 0.1-second window. I repeat: why is it more broken than Hanzo’s ult passing through walls?

because A you can hear it go off any point in the map and if you hear that and standing still you have nobody but yourself to blame and B it’s not a lock on ability it’s made to go through walls

And to add onto to what the other guy said, it’s an ultimate ,not an ability on an 8 second cooldown that was made to require LoS

1 Like

This is pretty much what is needed. MOBA’s do this all the time where they put out a new update every two weeks or so which keeps most things in balance although it isn’t perfect. However, I would much rather take that over having to wait months for updates.

Oh yeah? For a game you spend $60 on? You must expect a lot from life.

If a hero is clearly breaking the game then the patch should have never left the PTR and should of gotten more work on it.

2 Likes

Hack inflicts no damage, only lasts a few seconds, and requires LOS to initiate; Dragonstrike is a guaranteed kill if you’re hit, unless you’re extremely fast or lucky, and can come from anywhere, meaning you’re as likely to run into the killzone as out of it.

If it helps, think of Hack as using futuristic wi-fi: Sombra might need to be able to see you to start, but after she finds your system, she only needs radio contact.

I wonder what will happen if that was in the days where Bastion had 45% Ironclad (I think).

Seriously guys- this.

Your team has a full ALMOST HALF a second to respond AFTER reacting to this- and counter her from hacking you. You scrubs need to git gud.

If half a second isn’t enough time you just need to practice more.

Obviously.

And send her back to where ever she plopped her get out of jail card. She has ONLY 20 seconds to return to it. That’s not long at all.

1 Like

Bastion’s Ironclad intensifies.

“wahh Blizzard balance too slow”
"I don’t agree with that balance change, you guys should wait 3 months between balances"
Get over yourself, you’re lower than level 100 and clearly have no idea of game balance or meta. Just stop.

While I agree with your statement, we suffered through Mercy meta and s3 super DVA meta for more than several months despite them being clearly overpowered, we are now currently dealing with heroes that have been op for months with nothing being done about them.

There is no consistency to these nerfs other than favoritism, i.e. Bastion got nerfed immediately despite not even getting to see the extent of his buffs, while Genji always gets something back whenever he’s nerfed despite being much better than most heroes. Now we’re getting instant Sombra nerfs despite her still barely being a viable pick after what, less than a month?

I’m all for quicker balance changes, but it’s unfair some heroes get to stay op for several leagues while others get to be nerfed instantly and without further iteration.

1 Like

Look out, boys, we’ve got an Internet badass here!

Stop putting words in my mouth, and dial back the condescension, son. Blizzard went from “We’re buffing Sombra, she’ll be viable now” to “We’re nerfing Sombra, she’s too viable now” in three weeks. They need to leave more time for changes to shake out and for whiners to stop whining.

Get over yourself, you have a grossly overinflated ego.

1 Like

Putting the onus on the actual players isn’t something that people here agree with.

1 Like