New ranking system please

So remove all incentives to play a team game like a team?

If you cant kill me, you are simply too slow!

Matt

Play 500 matches and see where u land

the ranking system is really good, it always puts me around the rank of my other accounts

Your rank over the course of time is very accurate to your ability. Your win or loss on an individual game has a higher variance. You are in control of your rank. No one else.

Myth.

MMR is determined by statistical performance

The idea here is that a player’s MMR is really a summary of their statistical performance, and that because SR chases MMR, a player’s SR is basically determined by their statistical performance. If this were true, statistical performance would be, by far, the most important contribution to SR. This is contradicted by Blizzard and by most players having a win percentage of about 50% (if statistical performance was weighted very heavily, stat-chasers would have much lower win percentage at a given SR than team-players, for example).

1 Like

Oh, thanks for the correction. :slightly_smiling_face:

I will admit that competitive can be depressing for various reason ranging from peer pressure to frustration.

But, this post clearly show you have a simple problem, easy to fix. You believe your team mate are holding back and you blame your team mate for your lack of progress. And that depress you.

Rejoice, no reason to get depressed. You team mate are innocent you are the problem!
And it’s good news because you can be the solution. And getting rid of this toxic counter productive mindset will set you free and happy(er)! :slight_smile:

The bottom line is that they use the hidden MMR to adjust the difficulty for individual players based on their recent play.

That’s an idiotic idea for a comp system. Because 2100 should be 2100 should be 2100 for anyone, at any time.

1 Like

Incorrect.

It already is. Your observations of the matchmaker intentionally giving you “bad teammates” for winning too much are wrong and I bet you and your duo partner have thrown away many, many winnable games with GOOD and even BETTER teammates because you for some reason saw them as “bad”.

I have multiple accounts that i can plainly see the difference in matches on. 2100 is NOT the same at all times.

Go away with your unproven consipiracy theories, Quarters.

1 Like

Because the world revolves around you and your massive ego. If you’re going to be like this towards other people, you should probably stick to single-player games, or at least NOT play team games.

You have a hidden matchmaking rating right?

Then it’s being used to create the match, using something OTHER than your SR.

So, 2100 is not 2100 at all times, for everyone. It’s more difficult, or easier based on your latest performance. That’s why we can shoot past 2100 with ease sometimes, and then drop below it helplessly sometimes. And that’s why hidden MMR is wrong, and that’s why so many people don’t trust this matchmaker.

Go away with your unproven fairy tales of some perfect system.

I don’t have any ego. I’m not being any certain way towards other people. You assume a lot about players’ behavior in-game based on the forums. Kind of psycho, if you ask me. Must he horrid to play with you in-game, if this is how you act all the time.

1 Like

This is actually correct. Your SR is NOT used at all, you have MMR. However, MMR is not something that differentiates “good” and “bad” players at the same SR. So if you play solo and all your teammates and opponents are all solo and you are all at SR 2100-ish, then you all have close to the same MMR unless you’re playing at some ungodly hour and you’re mixing silvers, golds, plats, and diamonds into the same game because there’s literally no one else queueing at the time.

The matchmaker does not actually give a damn how you all got to where you are. It just sees 12 players with the same MMR and you’re thrown into the game together, shuffled into random teams and does not even recognize the concept of “good player of X SR” or “bad player of X SR”

Read this, especially the references.

No one’s saying the system is perfect, because this game is balanced FIRST AND FOREMOST for organized 6v6 play. Clans-only is the proper way to play this game.

Your entire posting history between your Zelda and your Kapoof accounts are basically nothing but complaining about getting “the worst teammates” every time you say you become the hot player. And then even went on to deny that better players would win in your situation. That’s quite the sign of an inflated ego.

You already know about the two players that tried to “prove” via VOD review that the matchmaker intentionally gives them bad teammates for winning to much, and all they proved is that they were bad teammates and quick tilters, so I’m not going to post it again. Factoring in your posting history, you need to explain to us why you actually are different than those two.

I disagree. When you win, you gain SR, when you lose, you lose SR. This sounds right. I know it’s absolutely a team game but I don’t believe SR accounts for individual skill in a team. It sucks when you work so hard and deal so much damage, kills, and healing and then still lose SR. I don’t think my SR correctly reflects my gameplay.

I think individual stats should play just a big of a factor. This current system is bad. My SR does not reflect my gameplay.

I find it really strange that they have so many “high” ranks that are totally out of reach for 90% of the playerbase,

If you are a good player you will win games if you are not you won’t. Everyone ends up in the right place

Of course they are out of reach to 90 percent of the playerbase. That’s exactly why they are high ranks…

Your rank doesn’t depend on others at all it doesnt depends on team composition it doesnt depend on what your team is doing it’s all you.

People say oh it’s my teammate holding me back we need a sheild tank we need a main healer all this isnt correct until you reach higher ranks dimond and above.

Going from low silver and soon to be plat I have won games with no main tank a hog and a dva, 2 of healers lucio and zen and lack of burst damage me sombra other genji. So it isnt your team fault you struggling at all I play a hero that’s considered bad in lower tires but I still dominate games with her why cant you with your hero selection

Of course it does lol, its team game.

Ppl assume someone is throwing based on silly things

U r placed where u belong

If i question the system i would question why new players are placed in gold not in bronze