New rank lower than Bronze would be nice

I have been stuck in Bronze for over a year now. Each time a new season starts I get ready for placement matches. I have hope that I can crawl out of Bronze (Player Hell).
The reason I play Comp instead of Quick play is for Golden Guns. I also like the longer format better. My son is in high gold and platinum and I’ve see the people he plays with and they are 90% of the is awesome. My experience with Bronze is the opposite, I would say 50% of the people are acceptable to play with, 25% are horrible, the rest are whatever.
The most common comment me and my other Bronze players that care hear from Bronze people that don’t care is that who cares this Bronze.
I would buy a second copy of the game (I have digital) for a new account to start in Silver so I can get to Gold or higher, but I I spent over $200 on loot boxes (I know I’m dumb). If I could get out of Bronze hell I would buy another couple hundred dollars of loot boxes.
He are my top 3 complaints of Bronze Comp.

1. Some players seem to be agro about being in Bronze and throw matches the minute they dont get a character they want to someone says something rude to them.
  2. Placement matches don’t seem to upgrade or decrease your SR enough based on medals and stats.
  3. There is normally only 2 people at most on the mic.

I do appreciate the efforts of adding party finding, but it is almost worthless for Bronze Comp. Normally it takes 10+ minutes to find even 4 people to group with, then another 5-10 minutes for a match to start. Here is the real kicker. After waiting 20+ minutes someone on one of the teams will leave and boom you have to start over again since after that most of the found group member will leave too.

Here are 3 fixes I think might help.

1. Give everyone a one time SR reset token. This could be awarded to Bronze people only and would reset SR to 1500-1600 so Silver would be possible.
  2. Replace a dropped player instead of canceling a match over one guy leaving. You have it that way in Quick Play. Maybe only add that option for Bronze level because I understand how at platinum or gold that having a replacement player when someone dropped because of bad connection. Maybe have it set to replace if someone chooses to leave and not if they are dropped.
  3. Make a Mic only option a think for match making. I understand that would make matchmaking take longer, but I would wait.
    I’m not saying people have to talk, but at least they have to be in the voice channel so we can work together. If someone has zero mic and doesnt auto join the voice channel then make them go to a non-voice game.

Please help all the Bronze players that love this game get out of there.

Finally, like the title said, adding a rank called Lead (Pb Element) for the people that want to weigh this great game down. Start that at 750-900 or less SR.
I do understand that would not really change anything, but at least it would help my bruised Ego.
Other option is make it so I can earn credits towards gold guns with Quick Play.

All I’m saying is that I absolutely love this game, but I see why some people are frustrated.

Other helpful ideas.

1. Make Game free to play.
  2. Let people gift points to people for filling a team right. 5 DPS on team makes winning very very hard and it happens way to often. I cant pick a healer and a tank by myself.
  3. If a player leaves a match, buff all remaining players by 15% and make it so if more leave the remaining people keep getting buffed.

Ok last thing
BLIZZARD! FIGHT FOR CROSSPLAY!!!

3 Likes

Bronze is low enough. If you can’t get out you need to do some serious research on how you can improve at the game.

I have started in high silver and climbed 3 ranks over a period of months, each with their own issues, but climbing is always possible if you actually perform well

EDIT. happy to offer you some tips btw. Everything from playing the game, to your actual setup

6 Likes

I might be the minority here, but maybe new Rank above Gm (4200 +) would be nice. Because from my experience, there’s a huge gap between 4000 and 4300.

1 Like

1 and 3 are both player issues and not something a dev can fix without ruining the experience of higher tier players

1 Like

Isn’t that what top 500 is?

1 Like

Although im fully in support of a rank lower than bronze, adding a new rank below bronze isnt going to get you out of there.

Resetting your account doesnt get you out either.

If you are stuck in bronze your gameplay has major flaws and changing that is the only way out. Just playing isnt going to make you a better player. Doesnt matter how many hours you log if you run into team fights in front of shields or something over and over.

You can submit vods on the forum for review or ask higher rank players to play with you. Others can see your flaws easily. They can help you if you stay humble and really want help.

7 Likes

They need to remove at least the alts out of the top 500. That would solve many problems. I love ml7 but I find it stupid that he tries to be top 500 will all of his accounts(I think it’s 5 or 6?). Most people in top 500 have alts that are also there. That pushes the entire system down. So more people are stuck in lower ranks where they don’t belong.

The issue i always haf with bronze is that it is the largest sr range. 1500sr! Back when i was high bronze it i fell to 1k sr i would get queued with less than 500sr players and i vould play literally any hero and stomp them but when i got higher there would be players that say, “who cares. Its just a game and we are bronze” many bronze players dont take the game seriously enough. I had a friend who would always over extend as lucio while never wall riding then rage when he died. Unfriended him eventually.

Best advice i can give is to find one other player in bronze that is hood at a role you arent and just go after the weakest link in the enemy team. That’s what i did with a friend back in season 11. I played dva and he played reaper. He would vhase someone down relentlessly and i would DM him when he was out of wraith or low on health while killing anyone that threatened him. Got us out of bronze with 9-1 on placements. Only lost the last placement because of a leaver.

Seriously, find someone whose best role can synergise with yours and is very close in rank to you then queue with them and abuse whatever you can ie. Enemy trickling, good ult usage, reaper rn and dont play heroes that require too much coordination like mcree, sombra, sym, bastion without shield etc. Expecting coordination in bronze will leave you stuck there.

Become a destroyer as your name says and rise through the bronze muck

All top 500 players have to link their account to sms. That means every account in t500 is linked to a phone. You cant have several accounts in t500 if you have only 1 phone

And yet it still happens. So what’s your point? It’s not that a new number costs much.

but… this game is based off of team coord… so making it make you have to be in voice comms is something that i think should be forced… and if you cant go to walmart and buy a $5 mic/headset you shouldnt be playing OW at all…

You honestly don’t need comms in anything below GM if you actually try to watch what your team is doing and play around them.

you dont need a calculator to do accounting but man it makes it a heck of a lot easier

3 Likes

Yup but forcing players to use voice would only make games more toxic and make most players just quit the game.

1 Like

if they are going to quit a team based game cuz its making them join voice then let them go… they are the problem lol

Would be useless though 4.3 and above is top 500 and below is GM, if you’re 4.2 you get top 500 games or low gm games, not enough people in this rank.

Also you get top 500 players dropping after a lose streak, it’s a mess.

People leave voice because of the players, not the game. If you force people to talk to teammates that are flaming them, you only make the toxicity problem worse, while simultaneously giving all ranks a queue time increase of about an hour due to the massive loss of players. Just doesn’t make sense for them to implement.

3 Likes
  1. Reset token won’t work. All it will do is end up rendering the system totally unable to gauge where a reset player’s rank should be, and will then be more likely to place bronzes in matches with plats and diamonds, ruining those players’ matches, until you start losing games (which you will) and end up back at a lower rank. So then all the reset token will have done is to ruin higher level matches where you don’t really belong.

2. Replacing a dropped player in comp will never happen. Leaving a loophole like that would be too easily exploited. Should a backfill player be subject to the same SR bump or loss? It wouldn’t be fair to the backfill player if they get pulled into a game right as it is ending, and have to share in the SR loss of a match they had no control over. The opposite is also true, if they backfill a match where the team was winning, and at the last second the new player joins, his team wins without him doing anything, and he gets SR for that? No, thank you. SR is earned. If you basically give away free SR like that, people will figure a way to farm it, and then totally shatter ALL the skill tiers.

3. There basically is a mic-only option. You create a group in LFG, check the option for “wants voice chat,” write in the group title “Mics required,” then if someone joins your group and doesn’t respond in voice-chat, you kick them out before queuing, and look for someone else. Also, putting ANY restrictions like that on groups, especially down in bronze where there aren’t as many players, is going to dramatically increase your queue wait times.

I wouldn’t mind seeing Blizzard put a limit on how much SR a player can lose in a single season (like 1000, or 1500), to combat de-rankers. Probably won’t happen though, for a lot of reasons.

But I still think people would get some enjoyment out of watching a Bronze tournament between verified bronze players (as opposed to de-ranked plats). Either for laughs, or for curiosity. I still think that should be Blizz’s next big thing for this game: Skill Tier Tourneys. Might be fun.

3 Likes

I initially placed gold…then I dropped to bronze. It was a hell hole. Most games were predicated on whether you had a leaver or they had a leaver. This meant that if you played 3 games, you might get one game only to actually prove yourself and rise SR because the other two games you could not affect. It was a pain at the time.

2 Likes

I lol’d at the suggestion of Lead level, but then grimaced because that’s probably where I would end up. I’ve been playing games since the 2600 and thought I was at least “good” - certainly not pro but not invalid either - but I’ve never had a game tell me I’m as bad at it as this one does.