New ptr update is buggy for workshop

A lot of my gamemodes are broken and don’t work how they’re suppose to so i don’t know if it’s just bugging or they remade how everything has to be coded

This explains why it might be bugging. In either case, I would suggest posting here, as the devs might be able to help you figure out the specifics of what’s causing the bugs.

1 Like

If you have specific codes that aren’t working like before, please let us know! We made several changes to add features/improve other things and something might have changed in the process. Let us know as many details as you can about what broke for you and we can look into it asap!

4 Likes

Modify Player Variable at Index is not working for me (not in any mode). The game modifies the player variable instead as if the action were Modify Player Variable.

Edit: Same for

• Set Player Variable at Index
  • Set Global Variable at Index
  • Modify Global Variable at Index

Edit2: Setting a global or player variable to Empty Array does nothing at the moment (if the variable had a value of 6, for example, it stays 6 when I set it to empty array).

We’ve confirmed that those 4 actions (Set/Modify Global/Player Variable at Index) report the wrong value to the Inspector, though with what I’ve seen so far, the actual variable has the correct value. More testing is needed, so stay tuned. In the meantime, see if you can make functioning logic using those actions and checking for values at a particular index (ignoring the Inspector for now). Thanks for the report!

7 Likes

My bad, the incorrect values were just in the inspector. HUD texts and small messages show that the actions are working.

However, what is not working for me at the moment, are Set Status actions. At least frozen and stunned seem to do nothing at the moment.

Can you upload a workshop code/code snippet of frozen and stunned not working? Just want to make sure there’s not something else going on!

3 Likes

Here’s a very simple example: Q7QP7

I’ve just noticed, it’s only inside the spawn room where the effects don’t work anymore. Maybe that was an intended change (on live servers, the effects do work inside the spawn room).

Status Effects now behave like proper gameplay stuns, which means that scripted stuns now follow the same rules (i.e. cannot be stunned or frozen in spawn room). Does this have wider reaching ramifications for your script, or is this something you can work around?

5 Likes

This is something I can work around. Thanks for your reply.

If this is true, can you set the same to be true about statuses like burning? As it is right now if someone gets hit by ashe dynamite- as far as I can tell- you cannot use the “clear status” action to remove that status effect.

noclip script seems to be broken now, after teleporting with (Q) you are teleported back down to the floor, doesn’t do this on live.

code: G805D

Well i was testing mei’s freeze and that worked. Maybe because ahse’s burning affect is different and it’s a dot instead of a affect

Mei’s freeze counts as a stun, so it should have that happen based on what he said before.

Yea i really like this cause now i can make like a cleanse ability

I got some mode broke ,Because I’m using 2d array in these modes.
And there’s another bug about beam

It looks like Infinite Ultimate Duration doesn’t work on PTR

Well does the stop all damage over time affect actual DOT from ashe’s dynamite

Lol yea it was a question but i thought stop all damage over time only worked on workshop coding and not like widow venmon and ashe’s dynamite