New PTR update for Reaper is STILL A NERF

shotguns always have huge downsides… just the general design.

Yes it is! Blizzard have their own idea I guess.

Or maybe they are just having trouble coding it.

Maybe they don’t think giving a character with a damage output of 280 DPS a high degree of accuracy is a good idea…

26 Likes

That’s fine and all yet other close rang classes have ways of closing the gap or are provided better mobility like tracer or doomfist

Reaper is loud, slow and shadow step is the WORST mobility ability in the game

7 Likes

If Reaper had really good acc. People would just create a meta around that. Ana, Zarya etc. Would be used to allow him to enter close range and kill the team. This is a team game. You have to also consider what other characters can do with him. This is what happened with Hanzo.

They listened, calm down.

4 Likes

Making Reaper more consistent at range comes with the cost of his damage output being slightly reduced because you no longer have some shots hitting the target with a majority of the pellets and others hitting with fewer. That’s how consistency works.

you did not look the video i bet. The SECOND PTR update for reaper is still a nerf.

2 Likes

Nah, I’ve seen countless topics saying how it’s a nerf, I understand that.

And, it’s wrong to assume, the next PTR patch could fix it. Just be patient.

1 Like

Well that’s actually exactly what they did in the first place. Reduced the random spread around the pattern set for the pellets.

The problem is that the pattern itself is one of the most stupid thing’s I’ve seen in my life.

4 Likes

I’m not really happy with their fix to be honest.

3 Likes

I wish there was a comparison vid where someone shows live vs ptr with reater at 5-1ms. Really wanna see the difference at that range.

You know u are talking about the guy who has the hardest time to get in his effective range, right?
Btw I would gadly get a damage nerf for tighter spread….

He is the easiest char to oneshot.

Keep in mind, its not JUST the spread damage now.
In addition to the tighter spread, he also got an increase in lifesteal.
So he can theoretically deal 280 DPS while also self healing 84 HPS.

given that - he SHOULD have a hard time getting into his effective range - He’s a monster once he does…

Its not if your playing reaper right. Even says so in that video. Its a buff.

Was there any confirmation that the second round of changes for Reaper are on PTR now?

2 Likes

It’s better at close range, worse at longer. Reaper is close range dps, so it’s fine. Problem is, to get to close range he has only legs and his escape ability that should be used mid-fight. Shadowstep is… ok, now instead of walking 40 meters i have to walk 20, because that’s maximum “safe” distance you can tp and not get insta-“greeted” by enemy.

True. But he has only one defensive cd that let him to keep up his work, while Genji and Tracer has 2. That is his biggest problem. That’s simmilar to Sombra’s problem too… imo.

I have a bad feeling he will be a monster against tanks (so we get an another tank buster) but remains bad against squishies

1 Like

I agree, but isn’t that his intended purpose ?
He was designed from the start to be the tank-buster - so much so that they outright nerfed Mccree’s right-click stating they weren’t happy about him being a tank buster.
They also nerfed D.VA’s Armor specifically because it made it so that even Reaper was struggling against her.

So Reaper being less effective against Squishy targets in exchange for being an unkillable monster against tanks at least gives him a niche to be in.
I’m still not clear on what they think Pharah is suppose to be at this stage.