New ptr 1.46 LIVE, mei wall nerfed

new ptr 1.46 LIVE, mei wall nerfed

its now 12 sec cd, last 4 sec,

cd still start at begining, if u dont cancel wall it will go 8 sec cd

but u cancel right away its 12

1 Like

What if you cancel halfway through? 12 seconds?

the cooldown still works like before but 12 sec total
with minimum of 8 sec

before it was 10 sec total
minimum of 5 sec

4 Likes

OOOH BABY JESUS
PRAISE THE LAAAAWD

19 Likes

Looks like whiners got what they wanted

6 Likes

DVA booster ist now on 4sec Cooldown

1 Like

Come on man, let’s be objective.

Mei has been harassing both Tanks, DPS, & Supports alike.

Nobody likes hard CC the likes of Mei going around and with how much presence she has in OWL something was going to be done.

17 Likes

So you’re telling me, the meta has not changed?

Boooooringgg.

If hard cc is the issue, then they should have gotten rid of multi freeze.

Wall has been in the game since the beginning, but issues only started to arise when multi freeze came. Yet, people cling onto the idea that wall is the issue :confused:

4 Likes

As a Mei main, I’m ok with this. But I have a bad feeling people will still want additional nerfs similarly to when Mei had her primary nerfed, people wanted more. I think the collision change is a good one for tanks.

~ Respectfully, a friendly Mei main :snowman:

3 Likes

This is what really happened

6 Likes

This nerf is not what I wanted, theyre still going to be OP as hell, and mei in general will still roam freely getting EZ traps and headshots.

Mei’s wall is so useful, especially with barriers in the state they’re in right now. A little nerf isn’t going to change that; it’s just going to make her less oppressive.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure nothing changed when multi-freeze arrived. Mei was competing for a tank slot goign back to the GOATS era, with and without multi-freeze. She was mostly overshadowed by D.va at the time, until the Halt-Hook meta shift made Mei the better option.

Fast-forward to role lock, and Mei doesn’t occupy a potential tank slot anymore. Having perhaps the most literal interpretation of “creating space” as an ability, without taking up a slot in the role that’s normally responsible for that, makes her a pretty obvious pick in 2-2-2.

The last time Mei was relatively weak was when the norm was to play an entire composition that monkey-piled on Zenyatta and didn’t care about walls or barriers, but there are an abundance of answers to that playstyle now.

2 Likes

Can someone please link me the patch notes?

1 Like

Oh man still no 250 shield for Brig? they really hate her

LOL

Yeah. The blatantly overpowered hero with an overpowered ability got nerfed… and its only because of whiners.

People who make comments like this are insufferable to me

5 Likes

Mei doesn’t need direct changes. What needs to happen is cc in general needs more answers. Blizzard needs a response for when its active somewhere in the game other than one Zarya bubble. Bring in some cleanse sort of abilties and Blizzard can be still useful but actually answerable. Just don’t get to happy and put it on a million people.

Stick around. I’m full of em.

Wall was fine. Its been fine. The issue is multi freeze, and people will begin to complain about it when they realize this PTR isnt the unicorn they’re hoping for.