New player transitioning to PC

Any tips you guys have you can share? finished my PC build about a month ago so I’ve been using some other games to get used to M+K. Admittedly not as easy as it looks.

Edit: probably will still play on both platform as my ONLY regret is not being able to transfer my items.

The hardest thing about transition to PC is going back to console after.

3 Likes

Make sure you have your PC configured for a clean and smooth performance. I have key tips and tricks to optimizing your PC here:

1 Like

Make sure your mouse has enough IPS so your crosshair doesn’t just get stuck in the screen or freaks out on flicks/fast turns. Ignore all the people who will say that a mouse doesn’t matter and doesn’t make you better, if your mouse can’t keep up with your reflexes you won’t ever be able to do anything. Just learned this from my own experience, trust me.
I used to use a Fortrek Blackhawk and now im using Fortrek Spider2, both are around the same price but the former can actually keep up with my movements.

I agree, I test a different game on PC and that game is really easy but when my GF got me OW on PC my fingers could not keep up with what I was trying to do, super discouraging also paired with my team and the enemy team saying I have no awareness lol I have to use really slow heroes like RoadHog.

I hope both of us can get some good tips here

This I understand, been messing around on the PTR to get a feel for it. Coming from xbox it just feels weird lol.

• Reduced Buffering: on
  • FPS Cap to custom: 300.
  • Vsync: off.
  • Field of View: Max.
  • Triple Buffering: off.
1 Like

Always play in fullscreen
Try to achieve 80 fps always
Do not use V sync
Some programs could cause heavy microstuttering

Try a bit of everything and find a few characters you wanna focus on, then find guides for them on youtube and practice. Good luck.

Was a tank main on Xbox I’ll probably just pick up my main 4 again.

If the keyboard and mouse transition proves too difficult, keep in mind that it is possible to do a controller and mouse setup.

1 Like

A lot of people I play with who came from console still use their controllers and play less aim intensive heroes.

1 Like

Oh my god this

Like I play a lot of Ana and now I just can’t bring myself to do it on Console because I feel gimped the whole time and it’s frustrating.

Like I’m not playing a bad console Ana, since everyone else is playing on controllers the playing field is level, but knowing I could be playing better if I wasn’t being held back by a controller just makes it not even worth playing her anymore on console.

1 Like

look up on yt for indepth videos about setting up your pc for gaming. windows will do everything it possibly can to cuck your system. windows be like “nice shiny multicore cpu you have their…would be a shame if someone parked the cores so you cant use them”.