New patch has caused game to not work

Title says it all.

game worked fine and i have never had this error before ever since patch when i launch the game error 0xE00101B0 comes up on the screen.

If i restart my computer the game would work fine last night i could launch it once and the game ran perfectly but if i closed the game and then tried to launch again the same error would come up now i have to do the same process of restarting but when i launch the game it crashes now and ik i got booted from a game so i cant be playing until this is resolved

i spent hours uninstalling and re installing all my drivers . i read the forum on here where SentryBay turned out to be the issue but i do not have that on my computer so im lost as to what the actual issue is :frowning:

can anyone help me please

tyia

6 Likes

I sent in a ticket last night about this, ever since the cowboy bebop update I keep getting the same message as well. I just received the most generic uninstall/reinstall, update driver replies and that’s it. We need help Blizzard, we cant play the GAME!

3 Likes

i saw another forum saying uninstall the anti virus that seems to have stopped the issue maybe something with in the update triggers the anti virus to stop the game?

if the error comes back i will post on here again

2 Likes

Same problem here. As soon as i click play, the app launches but the screen is black, shortly after the error message pops up with the same error message and crashes to desktop, but unlike pollypocket, if i restart my pc it doesnt work either.

Like konosubax, i sent a ticket about the problem, msinfo and dxdiag attached. The response contained generic solutions, most of which i tried before submiting the ticket. None of the solutions worked, and lets say that “Adjust In-Game Settings” is imposible if the crash doesnt even let you get on the menus lol. The response is outrageous to say the least.

Already checked with my anti-virus, it either doesnt do anything or there’s something i’m not seeing.

It’s crazy how a small mid-season update and 5 skins breaks everything to the point it doesnt even launch properly.

4 Likes

yeah i get why they have to use generic replies but its so frustrating bc we know what they are going to suggest so we do it in advance before contacting just to be hit with “try xyz” whish we have already done

Same issue here, Its so random. Honestly couldnt guess what they did to cause it

yeah same issue here. Did everything, nothing worked. Sent a ticket. Hope they’ll fix this mess. I was literally in game while the patch went live too…Lost at least 4 hours of gameplay in between yesterday and today, and now I can’t play till sunday cause I’ll be in Copenhagen

Ok, I tried launchign other games (other than overwatch) to see if its a problem only with overwatch or something else. All the other games I ran lauched correctly, I didnt get any error. I ran games on steam and battlenet just to make sure it wasnt a problem with the battlenet launcher. So far it’s only problem with Overwatch.

Same here! Tried everything I could find (turn off firewalls, doing a fresh install of the game/launcher/drivers, repairing the game, etc.) NOTHING WORKS and Blizzard doesn’t seem to care

someone on reddit said turn off protections on anti virus

• Sophos
  • MalwareBytes
  • Norton
  • Avast
  • DaVinci Resolve

All of these apps have been causing blocks on Blizzard games after the recent Bnet and game patches. The antivirus apps need to update their definitions, so if you don’t want to turn them off, you need to reach out to those companies. I have no idea why DaVinci caused an issue, but someone mentioned it in the Bnet forum.

Most people do not perform troubleshooting steps beyond rebooting before contacting the staff, that is why these replies exist. Also, “doing everything” to someone may not include the actual steps required to fix an issue.

Note: I don’t work at Blizzard.

5 Likes

Wouldn’t Avast pop-up with a warning if that was the case? I use avast and didnt see anything of the sort, also there is nothing on the quarantine where blocked files usually get placed.

you guys should add AVG to the list! that was my anti virus

4 Likes

You managed to make it work?

Thanks for reporting back. It’s my list, but I will pass it on.

Not always. Antivirus apps aren’t free of bugs either.

I shut down Avast’s protection shields before booting the game and it finally ran ok. But this was after I uninstalled the GPU drivers using the device manager and installed older drivers now (from february this year). So aparently I had a problem both with drivers that didnt uninstall properly AND avast doing weird stuff. I doubt this will last, I’ll try again tomorrow and pass this info on to the ticket.

PS: after launching the game with no malware shield the game asked for firewall permission (idk why, I assumed it already had permissions) and started to consume a lot of the CPU resources (task manager indicated 73~78%, also the fan was throttling a lot). After 1 or 2 minutes the CPU usage went back to normal.

After the Cowboy Bebop update, the game did not start. First I tried to scan and repair the game, which didn’t help. Now I started looking for help from this forum.

( UPDATE )
The Avast protection application announced an important update, after which the problem was fixed for me.

Omg it worked! I stopped the antivirus from working and the game started with no issues.

Is Blizz spying on us?

3 Likes

( NEXT DAY UPDATE )
Avast started blocking Overwatch 2 from starting again, what the hell ?!

1 Like