New OWL 2-2-2 possible leak from Outlaws's Jake Tweet

Houston Outlaws was just bested by the Titans 3-0, and a few minutes afterward, their Damage Role player, Jake (mains Pharah, Junkrat), tweeted this out. Combined with former Dynasty’s Main Tank player Fissure revealing on stream. The evidence of that 2-2-2 will be coming to Overwatch League Stage 4 increases. There is still no official confirmation from the league office (and I do not expect any until Overwatch League Stage 3 Playoffs are completed) and of course, there is absolutely no recent news of a forced 2-2-2/role queue coming for the game itself for the open community.

Thanks to TylerG for tipping me off.

35 Likes

You missed the mark, Wyoming.

It’s not 2-2-2.

They’re finally doing it.

They’re deleting Brig.

32 Likes

10 Likes

i just hope that 222 does not in any way shape or form comes to QP it would be game killer. i personally do not play Comp im not sure how bad it would be overall for that game mode.

10 Likes

Remember that Quick Play continued to have no hero limits for several months after Competitive quickly switched to single hero limit in its first season, but in November 2016 the rule was applied to Quick Play and greatly improved that mode’s experience.

38 Likes

Or it could be Jake being angry and contemplating retirement in the heat of losing in the Quarterfinals.

i mean, in the WoW Arena Championship, Cdew contemplated retiring after finishing in dead last at the Spring Finals this year (source: Cdew’s Twitter account). Fortunately, he stayed, but I was a bit scared for a second.

2 Likes

Time is fast. I remember playing against 3 hogs, that was fun.

Remember the original 2-2-2?

Two Tracers, two Winstons, and two Lucios…

[Shudders…]

8 Likes

improve is a word that i wouldn’t have used myself, I saw a lot of players bailing out on Overwatch as a whole when the 1HL was brought in, most players are Casual and just want to get into a quick game and play what they want.

3 Likes

the only time i hated no limits was with 6 winstons… but cheese comps where easy to counter

1 Like

they can just move no role limits to arcade as they did with no hero limits… nothing changes for you

3 Likes

I am eternally thankful we have the one hero limit.

Frankly, I hope 2-2-2 will be added to QP even if it just starts in competitive.

I play QP almost exclusively, and while some people like to just meme around, most people actually take it somewhat seriously and are playing to win.

And frankly, it’s very rare to have an enjoyable 5 DPS and me on Zen match. It happens occasionally, but it’s usually just a glorified deathmatch and a waste of time.

People need to broaden their horizons, IMO. Pick up a tank or a support or a DPS. Play a role you don’t usually play. Turn that hero puddle into a hero pool.

It’s almost impossible to learn how to play a new role/hero if you’re playing in a meme comp. With 2-2-2, you’d at least have a basic structure to provide some consistency.

21 Likes

And nothing of value was lost then and it won’t be now when 222 comes in. Anyone that chooses to leave didn’t belong in a team based game to begin with.

18 Likes

The Twinston-Twocio-TrayTray?

2 Likes

so youre saying i should be treated like a second class citizen in effect religated to the back room, because some people in comp are not adaptable enough to play around problems they find in game. No thanks how about we move 2-2-2 into arcade instead.

2 Likes

Thanks. I hate it.

I love it.
1 Like

I’ve legitimately heard the comp called that before. I think it was on High Noon Podcast.

No they’re saying if you’re going to play a team based game like an arcade then that version of it/as well as the sort of players should go where it belongs.

6 Likes

The dps hero instalockers can say thank you to each other for bringing us 2-2-2 in game. Because of their egoism we get 2-2-2… they dont want to play anything besides dps than picking up tank when its needed to win the game. You caused this problem and now enjoy your new arcade deathmatch mode.

10 Likes

I would say Goats had at least as much of a role. I think what’s really clinching it, is that it’s looking like nerfing the heroes that make Goats happen enough to make Goats not overwhelming is absolutely going to ruin them for anything else.

1 Like