New map ideas ??

I’d love to see Talon HQ as a map. Would be cool to see that!

4 Likes

Give us an underwater map… Thats all we want <3

1 Like

But… don’t you guys just use the same tree model for all of the maps?

1 Like

You gotta realize that in game development, if you can’t make things look extremely realistic, you go with an illusion.

Smoke and mirrors!

In saying that I’m sure the Overwatch development team can come up with something, to imply you are in a forest with maxing out GPU memory.

2 Likes

We still need Utopaea.

2 Likes

The company behind World Of Warcraft presents: "Trees are expensive to draw"
Therefore Elwynn Forest will be renamed Elwynn “expensive” Forest.
Stranglethorn vale will be removed from the game due to budget cuts.

2 Likes

Expensive in this context means it takes up a large amount of resources. Trees are very complex to render and as a result take up a large amount of resources.

2 Likes

I’d love a map where you need to push a boat as a payload down a river.

3 Likes

What about underground map. Abandoned mine, for example.

5 Likes

Ironic because I was just watching a documentary about the Galapagos. It would be interesting to see how it’s developed in Overwatch timeline.

I would love an underwater map, or a map on skyscrapers. I know it sounds stupid to some, but we all see those giant buildings in the backgrounds of some maps like King’s Row. I think it would be awesome to have a 2cp map and to fight in that part of the city on the ground for the first point, and then go up to the top and fight across skyscrapers for the second point.

3 Likes

World of Warcraft trees are extremely low poly compared to Overwatch art assets.

2 Likes

Miami - key west sounds good tbh

you probably shouldn’t tell customers about being short on money

Give me a map that’s inside a cave my dudes!

or give me a map in the rockies at least.

5 Likes

Whoever said anything about money?

One of the maps of lijang tower is in skycrapers… We have that already

What about a mountain map? I mean, I know there is nepal, but I was thinking like Swiss Alps. A map for Mercy :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I mean sure, but you could get the same feeling of a forest in an urban environment using regbarb and wtf which is loads more geometrical and cheaper to draw.

but how cool would it be to draw a series of branches and have a program place them cause trees and w/e bifurcate and then we’d have like 10 big branches and 10 small branches and 10 leafy bits and then they could be mix and matched into so many unique looking trees and since the trunks are what’s mainly looked at each individual trink could be the bulk of the design

What do you mean too expensive to draw? o.O