New Lucioball is garbage

Obstacles? wtf?? wtf???

9 Likes

Agree with you, you don’t see soccer fields with giant poles in the middle of them.

3 Likes

It really needs to be changed back. The stupid pillars block nearly all longshots so it feels like sluggish, cluster-**** rugby

4 Likes

Theres no goalie ball, alley oops, passing, counterboops. It’s just foosball now :*(

3 Likes

without a cooldown on boop there’s not risk either. in classic LB booping was making a comitment that you could be punished for if you missed or messed up. so was getting airborne. the skill ceiling has been lowered immensely. with obstacles on court its borderline impossible to set up plays and good passes with teammates. keep remix maps and gimmicks in QP arcade. leave comp alone.

3 Likes

The obstacles are seriously trash, it all needs to go, that one arena is now 60% jump pad with the edges slanted so when the ball lands on it, it rolls under that metal bar thing. I like being able to hit the ball from further away but its going to take some getting used to and as of right now, I prefer the old radius. If they let us boop constantly then whats the point of the ult for lucio ball? Sure it makes us go faster but we we don’t need the boop boop now and with them already making lucio a bit faster for the mode, the ult just seems redundant.

All of that aside, its fine… For an arcade mode.

There’s no reason to have this for lucio comp. At the very least give us the option to play the Better Original “Classic” version of lucio ball comp.

3 Likes

All it’s been doing is putting anyone diamond+ at the same skill level. It made a competitive mode an RNG casual mess that requires little skill. I’ve consistently been a top 100 every previous year and this year I’m losing to diamonds and sometimes even plats. I do still tend to destroy them on the regular map but even then the other changes they made this year are a problem. People of any skill level can just sit in the goal and spam the boop ability now. Before this, you had to time it at the exact right time or else you wouldn’t be able to use it for a few seconds which usually ended up in a goal. At my level with the absolute top players it’s just turned into a pinball boop spam fest. The games are almost complete stalemates now, broken only by the rare user error. Previously it was pretty common to have a one sided game, especially because of the boop cooldown. The mode is just so dull now and I don’t think I can even bring myself to play the 50 required games for top 500. I really hope they change it back in the next few days. Just one day has passed, and there is already a universal hatred of it. I don’t care about keeping the maps in the remix/regular modes. When I do occasionally play regular I can just leave and find another game on the normal map. But this TRASH does not belong in competitive.

3 Likes

praise the lucio gods.

also guys, remember it’s a kids game. try to enjoy yourself

Everybody’s always complaining on this site. Devs spend time revamping lucio ball, a stale niche game mode with no real updates for years, and people still have issues.

Go play rocket league if you’re so disappointed

1 Like

Why don’t you take your attitude elsewhere? As someone whose been Near the top of the lucioball leaderboard every year, I can’t get behind these changes at all. These complaints are for competitive which shouldn’t have had any change other than bug fixes or really small changes, and all of this other stuff should have been put only into remix or should have been tested when lucioball came back during the anniversary event.

5 Likes

As someone whose also been near the top 500 every year i can’t get behind all these changes. Competitive mode is total garbage right now, I mean new maps and, crouch ability, boop cooldown, this mode became total no skill and no teamplay game, all u have to do is spam boop all the time. I used to love that gamemode more than classic Overwatch, i have badly waited every single year to play this in competitive mode but now i don’t wanna play this anymore at all. All these changes should stay only in remix or should be deleted

2 Likes

I never liked Lucio Ball but I think I tried the new one with multiple balls with all the obstacles on the map (which I kinda liked)

But we were at a stalemate for like a minute or 2 then all of a sudden balls just kept spawning and bumping into the obstacles and strait into our goal. In like 3-4 seconds the score went from 0-0 to 0-8. Like, wtf was that?

I havent played again. I didn’t like Lucio ball before but this felt dumb.

1 Like

blizzard is deleting posts about ppl want classic lucioball, today i have seen 7-8 posts(including mine) that was deleted, with this attidute fk this i’m deleting the game

1 Like

Know why? Because this wasn’t asked for. No one cares about the obstacles, or the endless booping, or anything else about it now. Its all well and good to spice up something old but only if enough people want it. People didn’t want this because it turns lucio ball into something else. It turned from soccer/futball into pinball. I can’t speak for others but I don’t remember hearing about any changes to lucio ball so this was came out of nowhere for me.

It seems the devs are making changes to the game for themselves rather than the players and its getting backlash as it should. Its almost as if they are shouting “We don’t care about the player base!” and in response more and more people are leaving the game. Mind you it only seems that way, can’t say if thats just how it is.

But regardless, this was a bad move overall, one that should have been extremely easy to see and avoid.

1 Like

Yup. Almost all of these changes shouldnt have been included in COPA. This was a massive blunder.

2 Likes

For real, what a trash map. Like maybe have a map with some mini hills but the close pillars suck!!

1 Like

Win or lose, that map makes the whole experience unenjoyable. I cant tell you how many times during placements and casual play on that map that both teams scored on each other because they hit one of the stupid pillars right in front of the goal.

Last time I played copa I was 6 SR away from plat, got that map 3 times in a row and each time, by either me or my fellow teammates, we lost from launching the ball only to have it rocket off slightly to the left or right from where we’re aiming, slam into a pillar, and rocket back into our goal.

1 Like