New lore content

Sweetie, i’m bisexual.

does michael chu still get paid?

4 Likes

I mean at least the new writer wrote one new story . . . after months on the staff . . . a few months ago D:

At least the new writer knows how to write a story.

2 Likes

That much is very true. Bap’s story was SOOOOO much better :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

As a lazy but aspiring book writer myself, I feel envious of Blizz writers who can pop out a few pages of stuff that would be subpar on AO3 and still get paid the big bucks.

4 Likes

We all want more comics and cinematics. The mini events are the best thing we have right now.

I feel you.

I see mistakes that I’ve made get edited to death back in college. I see “odd wordings” that are the exact same words I’ve used in my own writings here.

At least Alyssa’s writings just need an editor. There were grammar and other editorial mistakes that a cheap editor would have picked up. Like missing parentheses, an odd word here or there, etc.

Chus writing needed a lot more than just a grammar editor.

But anyways, I’ve already come to the conclusion they never hired any editors.

3 Likes

“Never hired any editors”

So they’re just becoming modern-day newspapers, but just skipping the middle-man of having editors in the past, then cutting them later on and just letting everyone do whatever lol.

1 Like

This so much. Like seriously what is Michael Chu even getting paid for?

Yeah, I know, and I think it’s one thing we can all agree on.

We need more lore.

We might argue and debate on how good some is, we might not like all of it, we might even debate on some characters real motives.

But for a AAA gaming company it’s sad more than anything else. I wanted Overwatch because I fell in love with the characters. I know blizzard is known for lore, even from their non lore games hearthstone and HotS, and they both get more lore. Even HotS, now a passion project, gets content every so often, and is even getting lore.

And it’s Blizzard’s mosh pit of a game!

There’s just no excuse. Unless the higher up are putting a huge lock on lore, there’s no excuse. And I just wish he knew…

4 Likes

The new writer just announced a month or so ago that they’re writing for a marvel comic now, so they might not even be working on much OW related anymore

I would be pleased with Overwatch completely if we at least got “drips” of lore every week or so.

Lore? What’s that? :thinking:

1 Like

Don’t call Jeff out on that
That’s Michael Chu’s deparment…
And I’d like to know what he’s even been working on because we see next to nothing in terms of lore, and it’s been like that for eons.
I’m hoping he’s working on something massive and awesome to explain why lore progression has been next-to-dead for this game for years.

This thread really shows how passionate the overwatch players are about the game! We really need lore!

1 Like

And a Zen animated short

I want more small novels like we got for Baptiste I really enjoyed that.
Such novels also allow for more lore to be released cause there less work then a animated short or a comic for the same amount of lore.

Most haven’t.
Moira or Sombra are probably the added heroes with the most lore and still we know little about them, one had a comic and the other had an event story, and that’s been it.

Honestly it feels like they gave up after bridgette, but i’m hoping that sigma will be the start of them actually trying to keep people interested in character and story again