New ideas for a Mercy rework

First off we all can agree her rework was a total failure, and so it will be Symmetra’s if blizz doesn’t do something. Ok going back to topic, I made some ideas for a rework that removes Rez completely(since blizzard is just to stubborn to accept a revert) and try to create the same feeling Rez had when used:

Mercy

Valkyrie
Transferred to E ability
New ultimate ability: Heroes Never Die

• Mercy instantaneously heal all allies around her to max health and grant them invulnerability for 3 seconds.
  • Range is 15 meters.
  • Mercy is trapped into a 1 second cast time in the beginning. (Ability effect is still instantaneous)

Guardian Angel

• Movement speed increased from 9m/s to 10m/s

Resurrect
Removed
New ability: Valkyrie

• Flight movement speed reduced from 9m/s to 7m/s
  • Duration reduced from 15 to 5 seconds.
  • Beam range no longer increases.
  • Spread range reduced to 5 meters from 10.
  • Secondary target heals reduced from 60 to 20hps.
  • Secundary target damage boosts reduced from 30% to 10%.
  • Guardian angel range no longer increases
  • Guardian angel movement speed no longer increases.
  • Passive regeneration is no longer unstoppable.
  • All gun improvements are removed
  • Now reloads gun on cast.
  • 1 second cast time removed.
  • 15 seconds cooldown.

It is not fair to destroy a charecter like Mercy in order to keep rez as normal ability.

17 Likes

I love the idea but i just dont think alot of Mercy fans would be happy that resurrect is no longer in the game.

5 Likes

That is true, rez was my favorite ability in the game, but nerfing her so badly so she can keep it doesn’t seen fair to me

2 Likes

I love this! Nice Idea, really good for the Ultimate

1 Like

Thank you! I’m happy that you liked it c:

This is how Mercy rework needs to go.

1 Like

Yeah same, its an amazing ability but it will never be balanced as long as its on a cooldown so their just nerfing her so they can try and balance it out with her other abilities which i dont want to see my favourite character become more horrible than Blizzard has already made her.

1 Like

Yeah Blizzard should have kept mass rez but just made it work completely different if they and everyone else didnt like it as much

2 Likes

It is honestly just so sad going to the official overwatch site and watch Rez as her ultimate in the official Mercy page.
But I still think she won’t be reverted at this point so why not just rework her agains, since we all can agree this one is a complete failure.

1 Like

Yeah and the worst thing is, is that it’s instant, something we havent had for a very long time.

Steps on the toes of Lucio’s ult too much and Mercy has not and will not need more mobility on her base kit. If people want to fly high in the air they should play pharah or go play WOW and get a flying mount.
Mercy needs a proactive E and a Ultimate that is in some way connected to the Q button

2 Likes

looks very boring to me

and that’s her current issue

I think rez can be salvaged,but not as a free ability

only as an ult

I don’t think so, differently from Lucio, she won’t be able to protect allies for a long time, also his ultimate it is much like and inicition ultimate to start a fight with a health advantage, this mercy ult would be focused on saving allies in the right moment, knowing that an instant heal sometimes can be much more powerful than the invulnerability, it just depends in how you save it and how you use it. 3 seconds in overwatch is such a small period, Lucio’s ult lasts for 6 together with Zen’s.
Also Valk on E is a way to keep her fun of flying and keeping everyone on par in a big fight, using “Heroes Never Die” for an emergency. I don’t think giving more utility for an main healer is a good thing, Secundary healers like Brig and Lucio are there for it.

Lucio’s ult is meant to be a different variant of Trance and stop burst damage invuln would do exactly that.
Lack of utility is why Mercy 1.0 was underpowered when competing with Ana when she was good (which Mercy will have to do once Ana finally gets fixxed and brought back to where she should be.)

1 Like

How so? You are much more proactive than the current Mercy now that Valk is a normal ability and GA is faster.

I just see this going as “Why does Mercy give everyone 3 seconds of invulnerability???!! NERF IT.”

Unfortunately with how the state of Mercy is now there is no actual way to please everyone. She’s too delicate of a topic and changing things around even more than they already have is only going to make her even more controversial.

Personally I like her kit now. Changes would be welcomed but another (ultimate) rework is just begging for disaster. No one will be truly happy on the state of Mercy whatever way you try to change her.

I do like the idea of her Valkyrie being an ability though.

I don’t think being nerfed every patch is the path everyone wants to take. Expecially Mercy mains…

I like this a lot! Honestly, This instance of valk could be a bit op, I’d keep the idea of making it a purely mobility skill, keeping an increase in ga range (but not speed) and flight, but not the chain heal/dmg boost. Or at least reduce the secondary damage boost to 5%. Also, it should go into cooldown when the ability ends.
Remember that it’s a regular ability, so we don’t want anything excessively powerful like rez is.
On the other hand a short invulnerability as a midway between zen and lucio ult sounds amazingly fun and flexible in application, great idea.
I really hope blizzard do rework Mercy and go in this direction, it looks so much more fun than current Mercy.

1 Like

Awn it just makes me so happy to read this! I get very happy when people like my ideas. Now about valk, Reducing the Secundary beam range from 10 to 5 makes it really hard to get chains in all your team at the same time(would be around 2-3 heroes getting the benefits at a time)

Valkyrie would casue the same problems again. To much survivability, removes her weaknesses again. Other sups would still be suppressed very hard by that ability.
And the suggested Ult is too strong. Why pick zen or Lucio over it? With the instantaneous effect it also would have no counter play which is, again, not good for the other support heroes.

In general, we should not try to keep Valkyrie, if you like it or not. That ability causes far more problems than Resurrect and won’t ever really work on her. The path to go with a Burst Ult is already a good one, but that Ult would outclass Lucio and Zen, which is a problem. She needs a support ult for continuation.

Players really need to understand that Valkyrie is the fundamental issue and not Resurrect.