New Heroes and Maps in Competitive Play

That sucks!!! She was supposed to be meta changing and counter dive this season.

20 Likes

Ya good luck learning brigitte, a character who needs to keep a close range with her team in order to heal consistently and do her job, in QP/arcade mode where the term “group up” is a foreign concept.

35 Likes

sounds like blizzard is finally copying Diablo 3 season. where balance patches and heroes (though only necro was recently new) are released in between seasons.

it never made sense to me that a new hero and balance patches were pushed in the middle of a season.

the D3 community complained that it wrecked the season.

6 Likes

i already have learned her. soooo…

3 Likes

Even more reason not to delay. :thinking:

3 Likes

Thank goodness!!! I’ve been hoping this would happen for the longest time.

Now there will be a clear difference in seasons. It is too bad that major player changes couldn’t also be this way, but I understand the difficulties it my pose to have two different set ups for the same character between modes.

To all the people complaining, while it may be difficult to wait… once we get through this change period, the gaps between releases will return to normal.

Maybe it give people a reason to start trying in QP now. But I still think cp needs to be issued for Quick Play to encourage winning.

3 Likes

That’s absolutely awful. I and probably a lot of other people couldn’t care less about the “identity” of seasons, to me it sounds like an excuse to stretch the content.

Disappointing once again

29 Likes

This is a bit frustrating. I generally only play comp. I don’t see a reason to move away from the 2 weeks thing

23 Likes

This is unacceptable. It already takes you guys way too long to release new heroes, the only content that really matters (the world could always need more heroes - already forgot blizzard?) and now you’re going to delay it even further?

Terrible decision. Hype levels of the new hero release is basically gone. You’re staggering her release for different game-modes…what the hell.

Think about how crazy this is. From revealing the hero to us being able to play her, from ptr to quickplay to ranked it takes more than 2 months now? How am I supposed to be hype about a new hero if this is going to be the case?

30 Likes

What is the point of having seasons then? I mean, we already know that placements do absolutely nothing.

So… in your world, seasons are just a two month period that you have to play 10 games in to get a bonus CP?

5 Likes

Placements have no reason to exist and I would not mind one bit if they were gone. They’re waste of time.

2 Likes

This would make sense if they were to release a new hero per season, but they wont. Which means this is pointless. The seasons will still be without identity. The season after brig wont have anything new worth mentioning, mark my words.

9 Likes

What? We don’t need a whole season to learn a new hero.

20 Likes

Great idea! It adds symmetry to the development and to each season. We can really delve into the hero during QP.

3 Likes

“This is just qp we not here to win, we here to fun” 6 dps picks etc. This is qp. You never going to learn a new hero there becouse no ona take the qp maches seriously.

21 Likes

This is a massive mistake. Youre going to let a new hero sit stagnant and unplayed for TWO MONTHS?? Wheres the reason in that.

32 Likes

Even with all the negativity towards this late release, I doubt they’ll release her any sooner because god forbid blizzard go back on what they say or revert any of their mistakes.

7 Likes

This is horribly disappointing TBH. The barriers between seasons are essentially meaningless so withholding content to give them more of an ‘identity’ is a bad idea.

One week out of competitive is enough time for people to get a hang of her mechanics, the true learning of her viability won’t happen until she reaches Comp. play so you’re essentially delaying people figuring out how to utilize her effectively. I could understand this decision if we were only a couple weeks from a new season but we’re looking at sometime in May now!?!? Waaaaaaay too long.

You guys have been so slow to react to broken heroes and new content and now we’re slowed even further. FeelsBadMan.

26 Likes

That is waaaaaaay too long. You don’t need two months to get accustomed to a new hero; look at Moira.

23 Likes

This sounds awful. I was looking forward to how the meta would change because meta only matters in competitive, the new cool thing about a hero is how slowly they start changing the interactions with other heroes and how they make other heroes shine. No one takes QP or any arcade mode seriously, unless you do custom games for comp with Brigitte we will have to wait 2 month to see her. What about OWL? are we got going to see her in stage 3? basically until Stage 4 or until Playoffs?
What i Love about Contenders is that I can see how the pro’s play on the live version of the game compared to the OWL that is stuck to old patches. Please please reconsider this, competitive is the best game mode of overwatch and making the new hero release of comp wait it’s going to make her not hype at all, all the top twitch streamers for overwatch just play comp and basically delaying the newest hero in comp also delays how people give more feedback of the character for more balance changes because she is played seriously in competitive.

19 Likes