"New Gifts" Every Time I Log In

There is a gifts menu item in Overwatch now, and every time I log in it says I have new gifts, even when it’s just the gifts that were there before. They always read as new.

I believe they keep alerting you until you open/receive them.

What is the command to remove this item from the UI? I am only interested in content that I seek out and should not be receiving ads for World of Warcraft in Overwatch. These are not “gifts”, but rather advertisements. If I were to get banned, would they go away? If so, what is the easiest way to get banned without breaking ToS?

Can you provide a screenshot of what you’re talking about?

I would be surprised if you had an avenue to disable this type of advertisement. It is likely a control that Blizzard has which will only get worse with OW2*.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/436568411288371210/1012938215537254510/unknown.png
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/436568411288371210/1012938596447162428/unknown.png

I would like to disable this type of advertisement indefinitely and never see it again. There should be an option in the UI to opt-in to ads, not a forced showing of ads that you have to go through twitter, forums, and the legal system to get disabled.

Don’t sweat it Nicole. I know that there is nothing you can do in this instance. I am just voicing my grief at a company that once was better than it is now. Blizzard has absolutely failed us all :frowning:

edit: I can find a permanent server for these images if people deem it necessary for historical purposes. I have been triggering archives on waybackmachine for a while now. We don’t forget… something something

The base edition of Shadowlands seems like a gift. What happens if you claim it?You can always claim it and NEVER install to make it stop appearing.

First off I must apologize for being so abrasive; don’t take these comments personally.

I have a long history with World of Warcraft. I don’t want to see it, I don’t want to think about it, I don’t want to be reminded of it, and I don’t want “gifts” for it. I think it would be best if Blizzard permabanned me from that game.

In addition to that, this is marketing INSIDE the game. Is this what I can expect for OW2? Are we going to get ads for other companies games next? Ads for non-game products? What is the endgame here?

Greetings Czecherface,

The gift pop up isn’t an advertisement. It’s to let you know that there is a gift waiting for you. The only way to get this to stop at this time is to claim the gift.

If you would like to see a way to turn these off please post on the Battle.net Forums

1 Like