New defense matrix visuals on the PTR;

Jesus christ the cone area is so small at the end.

This is even worse than I imagined, they are truly trying to kill dva. That cone doesnt even cover her frikken mech, much less any tanks she’s trying to protect.

4 Likes

It’s the perspective. The cone is actually the same size along the whole length. The hitbox’s width and height weren’t changed, the visuals just indicate its actual size more accurately

6 Likes

I’m not gonna buy that till I see 3rd person view of the changes and how much area it covers, because they pretty much seemingly just slashed the 1/3rd of the lenght and called it a day. The diameter on original matrix is fairly large because it’s a cone.

It looks really nice from third person. I was playing Mercy when my D.va used DM it was very clear what would be blocked and what wouldn’t. I love irt.

That’s exactly what they did. They cut 5 meters off the end, and updated the vfx. The cone never got any smaller because it wasn’t actually a cone to begin with. The hitboxes for abilities like this are almost always cylinders, and D.Va’s defense matrix is no exception

1 Like

That’s because they did that.

1 Like

What does 3rd person look like tho?

7 Likes

Wth that looks super small?

1 Like

They nerfed defense matrix.

I know they nerfed the length but that pic makes it look like they nerfed how thick it is too

Isn’t it narrower? It looks narrower. Did they change the size of it? It’s almost like a beam or something. Wasn’t it much larger before?

Someone would have to test on if it actually has the dead zones the new visuals show.

The new ones are a little opaque in first person imo

yeah the new change makes it very easy to see now
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/223242206843109376/581294316060672015/unknown.png

1 Like

Third person picture.
Conviniently while absorbing an arrow from Hanzo.

I have a better one above if you wouldn’t mind linking it for me :slight_smile:

Don’t ask me why but the length doesn’t look that much shorter? maybe I underestimated how far 10m was.

you probably did. the fpv has always been very deceptive

this is a very nice change

1 Like

….why. Why was this necessary? This is worse than the Mercy beam update.

1 Like