New Country Flags: process of decisition?

All good my man! Good luck with the icon! Maybe grind it out and collect as many loot boxes as you can. You could also buy all the blue items to force the lootbox system into giving you icons.

Which one is the player icons? Blue? if it’s blue than buy up all the blue stuff.

Yes, player icons are Rare (blue), while voice lines and sprays are grey.

You could buy up all the blue stuff and force the game to give you icons

2 Likes

It was about time we got a Canadian Flag icon.

Thank you for correcting me. I’ve edited my post.

I was unaware of that strategy, still I really need to save some coins for Halloween, those skins are suually my favourite and since I"m cutting back my game time in I gotta be a bit more conservative then I used to.
Thanks for the tips nonetheless I appreciate it.

I respect that a lot.

3 Likes

Can you tell us what exactly is the issue with them? A lot of ppl keep saying that flags can be used without license (even though I am sure something is required especially if going to make money out of it in a form of lootbox items)

This was the issue before, when they discussed use of the Canadian flag previously. The flag is used on almost all of our international sports teams, so merch is part of it.

Ah, that’s a bummer.
Thank you for the response anyways.

Is the legal hurdles for displaying country flags also hindering any possibility of seeing World Cup team skins as purchasable/collectible items in Overwatch?

1 Like

Just came to ask the same. I need a set of Canadian skins, real quick. :smiley:

I like you Jeff, finally we got an answer. But I just can’t believe that Norway said ‘no’ to Blizzard for using the flag. Makes no sense. Never seen other games have issues getting rights for the flag, and all our neighbours is in.

1 Like

Wonder if Uruguay it’s in didn’t get it yet
Hopes

Give me a game that has international flags in it.

Wow copyright on a flag, I have heard it all now.

Good luck forcing them through next year.

Any chance of getting a Scotland flag fed up of having to use the Swiss flag?

Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, Denmark, Egypt, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Mexico, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Portugal, Romania, Russia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States of America

These are all the player icons with flags.

Sad ;_; really really sad

Reading about flag copyrights. Here is what I found:

• Nearly all flags are old enough that they can’t enjoy copyright protection

• If you are using the flag as a symbol to refer to the country of the flag, that is a nominative use and almost universally allowed.

Seems odd to me if copyright is the issue?

1 Like