NEW Brigitte passive? *SHARE THOUGHTS**

We could call it “patching yourself up”.

After you lower the shield its regen rate starts after 2 secs (the way it already is).
After you raise it you start your self heal after 2 secs.

“Patching your self up” could be a second passive or her shield unique characteristic not stackable with inspire.

1 Like

a little convoluted, but, yea

i wouldn’t hate the idea of giving her some way of healing herself when there’s no way for her to melee someone or whip shot someone hiding behind all the barriers

though, i’d imagine that’s what they were going for in the first place

i’d guess she’s intended to fit in groups that can go toe-to-toe with barriers, and thrive in close range engagements, having someone like Symmetra that can help pressure barriers enough for your team to follow through

just too bad that’s… not really… how this game works right now…

but let’s keep nerfing Symmetra while keeping Doomfist the same

1 Like

Yes, thought the same after I came up with the idea though…

Brig is still in the game? lol

200 Shield = no shield
Cant deal damage
Because she cant deal damage she cant heal

Conclusion: The most useless character not only in the game but in the entire genre.

1 Like

don’t even get me started on doomfist my god poor sym getting all these nerfs that aren’t needed

actually, no barrier = no barrier

other supports don’t have the luxury of having a barely no-cooldown barrier they can flash to prevent damage/key abilities

it’s a very potent ability on its own

though, yes, she could use… something else

honestly, i could accept if they thought she was getting too strong, and had to nerf her

and realistically, half of her nerfs weren’t even all that bad

but it’s just the freaking frequency of this crap that makes it incredibly tone-deaf

Doomfist been absolutely destroying for so long, and he gets a “nerf” to his punch charge time, as if anyone really uses a full-charge punch for anything other than purposefully trying to delay/hold it

and that was only after so long

Symmetra simply starts to get finally strong, and it’s within a week that they started pushing out multiple nerfs

the worst, in my opinion, was the “reason” they gave us:

like, how do you give 190dps, and not expect 190dps?

that’s literally math…
reducing total values for things that you don’t miss often on (barriers, fat targets like hog/dva) is a terrible concept just because they started dealing “more damage” to smaller targets

either way, i could argue this all day, but, you know, wrong thread for that

just frustrating, watching their “priorities”, which i guess still falls under this thread for Brigitte’s current position

1 Like

Its a small QOL - but it means she acts like a target… so I dunno… I think it could work though.

I’ve always found that a bit suspicious…

1 Like

We are talking about a melee healer with 0 mobility. If Mercy had 200 shield that would be OP but for Brig anything less than 400 is just dumb, might as well remove it

2 Likes

so, wait, you want to not talk about other healers, but also talk about other healers?

yea, duh, obviously giving Mercy the same kit with what she already has would be ridiculous, just like giving Brigitte Guardian Angel/Resurrect/Anti nade/Discord/whatever would be absolute insanity

(workshop options, please, even if they visually look like garbage)

the difference is, i was pointing out the pros and cons each had to offer

yea, “other supports don’t have the luxury” of what she does, just like she doesn’t “have the luxury” of what they have, such as more mobility, or those other utilities

(also, no, she doesn’t have “0 mobility”, shield bash isn’t a terrible gap closer/opener, and others actually have none, like Zenyatta and Ana)

but they’re entirely different and utilized differently

which is why i said, “it’s very potent on its own”

she’s basically struggling right now, yes, but that doesn’t mean her barrier is necessarily bad, when the mechanics of it are actually really good overall in the game, a good Brigitte can get absolutely crazy value out of that thing

hence why i agreed, yea, she could probably use more “oomph” elsewhere

I’d be okay with it only if it activated on shield break.

It can still give way to some clutch healing, especially if you cannot whipshot the target because of a barrier. You might have to hop in front of your shield tank for a few seconds, break your shield, inspire activates and you pull back or move in to keep the momentum going.

1 Like

Brigittes highlight intro where she saves her teammate is literally unrealistic now because her shield would have broke.

1 Like

exactly it’s literally useless

sry but TLDR, literally

LMAOOO I was literally thinking that yesterday

1 Like

Ive really been enjoying Brig lately, the OW team was definitely on to something when they reworked her the way they have.

I really really like your buff idea OP, but it seems like a pretty huge buff.

I’ve been enjoying her too!! It’s just her damn barrier… she needs something that could help her atleast :confused:

I 100% agree, she is missing something but i can’t place what that something is for the life of me.

I think if inspire proc’d on shield/bubble hits that may be enough.

Op’s idea would definitely fill the void though. Imagine rotating the front line with Rein, zarya bubbles and Brig. Her heals would definitely get a big boost if inspired proced from takingbshield damage.

I also think buffing the repair pack cooldowns by 25% would also put her in a very good spot.

1 Like

But it did. The beam did 190dps, just as expected. The bug was with respect to the damage it dealt when you didn’t have 100% accuracy on your target. It was meant to deal partial damage, but it didn’t deal the right amount of partial damage. This value is much harder to measure.

This would be good, but It might make brigs sheild a need or lose ability. Mabye increase healkth to like 250 and make inspire heal sheild as well.

1 Like