New Brigitte is dead

i had a bug where it appeared slightly outside of the spawn

1 Like

Unacceptable.

Literally unplayable

1 Like

The worst is that the role she was designed to fill, she can’t really do anymore. Any flanker just has to break her shield from range, if it hasn’t already been broken in the team fight, and Brigitte becomes an easy kill because now she can’t stun you. Next to this, Moira’s damage orb does more damage per second then Brigitte’s left click. So why exactly would you play Brigitte over any other support?

5 Likes

Um… no? She’s still an off healer.

3 Likes

Yeah, she is still off healer, but read the Developer Comment in patchnote, they wanted to make her a main healer with this patch

8 Likes

I quoted the whole patch note for brig along with a little before and after just so I don’t miss anything. There isn’t a developer comment. Am I looking at the wrong patch note?

1 Like

Blizzard say a lot of things. They also thought Dive meta was extremely varied.

She even looses 1 vs 1 against Winstons now xD

People like you are why this community is so toxic. It is never a good thing to see a character get nerfed in the wrong way. What if it were your favorite character? Some people have brig has their favorite. Have some damn sympathy

17 Likes

Developer Comment: The goal of these changes is to make Brigitte more of a primary healer for your team, at the cost of weakening her survivability. Since Brigitte will now be only one of two support heroes for your team, it is important that she can provide enough healing to be valuable in that role. So ironic

1 Like

Is it ok if i throw her corpse in the illios well before she starts emitting an odor?

1 Like
2 Likes

New Brigitte is not dead :man_facepalming: I think I literally have like a 70-90% winrate with her right now lol. I could tell you if the stat wasn’t gone. 4 games won with only 46 minutes played.

If you’re trying to 1 trick her yea she isn’t going to perform well all the time. If you pick her when you should she shines.

3 Likes

Thanks. Nobody needs to smell that.

1 Like

So please explain your opinion, why you think so? I think i expained my position pretty well.

2 Likes

Kicks the obvious corpse in spawn and reads the recent patch notes Looks pretty dead to me :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Okay I’ll explain. I disagree with some of your premise.

First off, she is still the tankiest support in the game. In fact, she’s the tankiest hero in the game besides the tank roster.

Depends on what you mean by frontline. She shouldn’t be in front of her tanks.

You shouldn’t be pushing ahead of your tanks. Not only that, but you’re supposed to play her against dive, a team comp that comes to you. I keep seeing a weird widespread misconception that Brig should be able to “get to” places, but that isn’t the case. She’s supposed to stay huddled with her team and wait for the enemy to come to her to make dive attempts difficult. (unless yall are up in players, then obviously you can push)

It isn’t controversial, it’s used differently then how it used to be. Whereas before you would use it as healing because it was a burst heal, it’s now better to be used to give armor so your squishy teammates are less likely to die from a burst of damage.

Not necessarily true.

She is still a very, very good pick against dive. But due to her decreased survivability she isn’t as good against other comps that she used to be somewhat playable against. Her weaknesses are more obvious now. Don’t play her against strong ranged damage. Play her against close range fighters.

3 Likes

I see. They want her to be more viable as one of two healers is what they’re saying. Before the patch she was kind of a tertiary healer that only worked with two others. Saying that current Brig is a main healer would be very short sighted.

Is it possible that her changes require you play her differently than before?
I mean there were many saying DVa was dead after the armor change after s3, yet, still going strong.
Maybe more time to see?

1 Like