New Account Placements

The game looks at your performance in quickplay and determined you play roughly like a gold player. When you queued up for comp, you were matched with gold players. You will not place higher than what you matched against even if you go 10-0.

If you are good enough for diamond you will climb up to diamond. If you aren’t you won’t. It’s really that simple.

1 Like

oh god stop giving Blizzard money when they arent even trying to improve the game. (I deeply regret having an alt account)
Anyways, placement SR are randomly generated imo.

3 Likes

why u can probably do w/e u want including taking the servers down as long as u buy more accounts. All blizzard seems to care about is money and not what alts do to comp and the game in general, hell even on forums ive found for aimbotters they say if u get banned you can just switch accounts and thats it, no IP change or anything. Like they literally do nothing to actually enforce any punishments on people with multiple accounts

1 Like

You have to crush your placement games. To place diamond by your final placement games it should be putting you in with masters.

2 Likes

They are not randomly stop trashtalking

you start at 2500 SR, if you lose your first game you need like 4 wins to get back to 2500

your performance is heavily factored in and each win/loss can get you anything from 10 - 200 SR

if you go 8 wins then 2 losses you pretty much place in diamond or higher

if you go 2 losses then 8 wins you probably never get past 2500

Don’t smurf, please.

All accounts start competitive around 2350 (quick play doesn’t matter), and early games matter most. I ran it through the model at Initial Competitive Skill Rating, Decrypted, and got that you should have placed at 2773.

SR GAME CHANGE
2350 1 -95.4911
2255 2 91.6402
2346 3 87.7893
2434 4 -83.9384
2350 5 80.0875
2430 6 76.2366
2506 7 72.3857
2579 8 68.5348
2647 9 64.6839
2712 10 60.833
2773 11

You placed noticeably lower than that (at 2384). My guess would be that your early games had poor performance as well, but that is just a guess. Most people with this record do place plat.

this sounds like a nice stat. But you forgot the one factor in there that they do NOT factor in…

THE SMURFF-THROWING TOXIC TEAMMATE FROM THE nether…

:rage:

i just got to 3019 sr yesterday, so I guess you were right

i just finished my placements and one tricked lucio, went 7-3, placed 2959, played 3 more and went 2-1 after placements and got into diamond. you literally have to play seriously in QP, crush in ur placements, put up the numbers, get the cards and get the wins. all my losses were in OT and were so damn close. i wish i woulda gone 10-0 but i didnt. it is what it is.

my main is 3853 and as a healer you can do a lot to carry but you rely heavily on ur tanks and dps performing, u can heal as much as possible but if the damage isnt there. you are in trouble. in my opinion, being a healer main is and can be very rough. especially if you solo q like myself.

Fresh accounts use QP MMR for your ranked games. If you want a head start in ranked, you gotta super tryhard in QP up to level 25.

This is why people only level new accounts in custom games when they want to do a “climb to GM” stream or whatever. Because that will start you around 2500.

No they dont. First placement game is around gold. After 10 of them you can end up anywhere from bronze to masters.

Rest of your text is right tho.

That’s actually incorrect. Any account that attempts Competitive for the first time, whether a fresh Lvl 25 or even a Lvl 2000 account that has never attempted Competitive before, all start at the median.

Check here:

Also, Twitch

Also thats how we can be sure that alot of smurfs are also throwers. ALOT of them have been throwing all their placements

This is not true. It has been stated before qp and comp are completely seperate mmr’s. The base starting value for a new account in comp is 2500sr and then goes up or down from there based on performance.

that’s just not true

every new account starts at mid/high gold, whatever the median SR is in their first placement game

QP and ranked have two completely separate mmrs

True, I’ve had a few buddies who pay for ALT accounts…so sad. Just to be higher in SR Comp rank which means ABSOLUTELY F***ING NOTHING in this game…lmao.

So with all this behind the scenes ranking going on, what the point of doing placement matches if you’re ranking is basically pre-determined?

1 Like

huh, hello from s26…
If you didnt now, the order of win/loss/draw decides you future sr after placements.
2384 you’ve got after 8-2, right? Then, i guess you lost first 2 games, which have very high value - you’ll never get above 2700 after following 8 games.
After s18 nothing changed with 2-2-2, the same ranked but you play 5 games, instead 10, that mean you can see you rating progress just earlier and it’s devided to roles.

If you would go 5-0, that mean diamond definitely, next won games will gain 120-140, 100-120, 90-105 … till 25 avg per game and it work in opposite direction when you losing. its possible to have T-B-H-O 2450-3868-4175-3900 for example
That’s all